cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Search - Results doesnt appear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have configured Knowledge base in my system and assigned Knowledge base profile to my business role.

But when i go to knowledge base search i see blank dropdown for language.

Also when i add search term i get the warning message 'Check TREX set up'.

Trex is running fine in SM59 and compilation configuration is also done from my end.

Can you guide me where could the problem be? Any suggestions..

Thanks in Advance !

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to configure TREX with Knowledge Base. Check out the configuration guide for knowledge article...

You can search for this file "C29_CRM701_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX"

After configuring it, go to IC_MANAGER-> KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT -> SAF Compilation Administration.

Compile "Knowledge Base".

For Knowledge Article, standard Knowledge Base is "KA".

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest following:

1. Access the activity using the following navigation options:

Transaction code

SPRO

SAP CRM IMG menu

1. Customer Relationship Management ® Enterprise Intelligence ® Software Agent Framework ® Name and Configure Knowledge Base

2. Choose Continue.

3. In step Name and Language enter the knowledge base named KA, highlight the respective supported language ( e.g. EN  = English) and choose Continue.

4. On step Basic Settings enter the Description for the selected language and choose Continue to skip all other steps.

5.Choose Complete to exit the wizard.

6.Choose Save if necessary.

Hopefully this will solve your issue.

Alternatively,You can access the diagnosis tool using the following navigation options:

Transaction code

CRMC_SAF_TOOL

1. Select search engine STANDARD, mark all checks (Process and Content Based) and choose  Start Diagnosis (F2).

If errors occur when calling the Knowledge Search using transaction CRMM_SEARCH (although connection check in IMG is okay), the problem might be a missing RFC destination for Search and Indexing Service.

2.  Check the results of the diagnosis check and follow the descriptions if necessary.

If errors occur like:

• Remove/Modify [ Entry = 1 , Table name = CRMC_SAF_SE ]
  • New entries required [ Entry = 1 , Table name = CRMC_SAF_SE ]

you can  ignore the error and continue.

If you receive errors regarding any of the Processes with red traffic lights at sub-entry Check Default Customizing, double-click on this sub-entry and then choose button  Guide on the right-hand side.
Choose button  Next to restore the settings and confirm the warning which occurs. This step does NOT reset the preceding configuration steps, so don’t worry about the warning.

Diagnosis will let you know if all the configuration is proper for the Knowledge base and KA.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks & Regards

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you compile your knowledge base through IC_MANAGER Business Role?