cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Assets by DTW

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those who don't know, from version 09 PL07 (if I'm not wrong) of SAP Business One, it's possible to import FA using DTW.

All you just need to do, is import an item with ItemType as "F" and an valid Depreciation Group.

There is one example of template.

ItemCodeInventoryItemItemTypeAssetClassAssetGroupInventoryNumberDepreciationGroup
ItemCodeInvntItemItemTypeAssetClassAssetGroupInventryNoDeprGroup
ZVW832002ANF1111

You can, if you want or need, import the ITM7 with OITM, to set the Depreciation Parameters.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ann_karan
Explorer
0 Kudos

In using the ITM7, is there a way to import multiple Depreciation Area?  I have GAAP and internal.

ann_karan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have concluded that the best way to setup and import existing Fixed Asset is to use the import TOOL in SAP. DTW templates does not have the tables for all the required data, nor can you add it. This is according to my experience.

Using the Import Fixed Asset tool in B1 allows for all the required parameters that  includes APC.

Some TIPS:-

1. No Header in the import file

2. Must start at the beginning of the Fiscal or Calendar year. So, all values must be as of the End of the previous year. This can get tricky as it relates to the Trial Balance/Opening Balance at the end of the year, so pay special attention to the Balance sheet (Accum Depr) and P&L for Depr Expense. If direct posting is used, look at the asset value on Balance Sheet instead.

3. Save and Import .txt file

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is good for Asset Items, but how about in capitalization. I tried to upload it using DTW, but when i tried to run DEPRECIATION RUN, there is no ASSETS there? Any Idea?

Regards,

Lean

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check below

if depreciation start and end date are same for FA Item than it will not show in depreciation run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lean,

Have you managed to run the depreciation? I have the same issue. For me it works only after I add the Capitalization for the assets.

Regards,

Laszlo

rob_gaveston2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lean

I have noticed the same thing in PL06.

When importing the capitalisation in DTW the asset and its planned depreciation on screen look OK but if you look at the monthly records in ODPV in the database the fields for posted and actual depreciation have NULL rather than 0.  if you enter the capitalisation through the screen then they are set to zero so it looks like a bug in DTW.

To test I changed the NULL values to zero and the asset appeared in the depreciation run but I'm sure that this isnt an official solution.

Seems to work OK in later patch levels.

There are  other bugs in depreciation calculation in PL06 that were fixed on PL07 too.

rob_gaveston2
Explorer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas how to specify the values?

For example fo a new customer that already has fixed assets in their legacy system.

Thanks

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

We're you able to get any feedback from anyone regarding regarding your question above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to get it working but you can only import values for the beginning of the fiscal year.

Remaining life must match the activation date and the lifetime of the asset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Is there a way to get the master data to reflect the actual APC of the asset even if it was acquired before the current fiscal year and before the system go-live date?  Data is coming from a legacy system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is, but you can only enter the values for the beginning of the fiscal year.

Acquired value 10 000

Lifetime 240 months

Remaining lifetime at the beginning of the year 329

Activation date 01/12/2013

Accumulated depreciation 42

Values  01/01/2014 10 000-42=9958

If you are in the middle of the fiscal year you have to run the depreciation run and then cancel the posting or cancel the depreciation already posted during 2014 in the legacy system.

You can use the Excel import tool to import the first values, remaining lifetime must match the activation date.

Br

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anders.  It was pretty straightforward in PL04, I'm using PL08 right now and couldn't get it to work the way it used to.

former_member217514
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see these options in Version 9 PL05 as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but I think it is only functional in PL07+.

If you're not using PL07+ you need an special template.