cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check GL Account clash in Account determination, “before” creating Tax codes.

former_member182714
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you pls throw me some light on how to check GL Account clash in Account determination, “before” creating Tax codes.

I am creating tax code, A1, in Country "FR" and trying to maintain GL Account for Account key "MWS". I see that the same Tax code, A1, is already created in some other Country and different GL is maintained for this Account key "MWS". We use the same Chart of Accounts for all our Co Cds. I need to assign different GL account for Tax code, A1, created in Country “FR”.

I am looking for good approach to see if any GL Account clash, like the above, before creating Tax codes.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cassio_goulart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Godavari, how are you?

So, the first point: you can search and check the GL accounts for the tax codes created using the follow steps: Go to transaction SE16 -> Put the T030K table  -> Use the Chart of Account and the tax code that you want search.

The second point: If you go in the transaction OB40 you will see that the configuration for a transaction (this transaction is in the same line that you put the % in the transaction FTXP) is done for chat of accounts and no for country, because this, not is posible use a same tax code with the same chart of account for different GL accounts.

I hope that the comments aboive can help you.

Best Regards,

Cassio B. Goulart

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Godavari,

In addition to above suggestions, you can check the possibility of tax code recycling. Check below blog for more info.

Thanks,

V V

former_member182714
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sowmya/Goulart,

I check the same way as you said.

It would be good, if there is any alternative to check the account clash, when we need to create large number of Tax codes.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Godavari

If the Chart of Accounts is the same for all company codes, I think you should be using the same tax accounts also in all the company codes.

If you need to use a different G/L account due to a custom requirement, then after looking at unused tax codes in OB40, please also look at the G/L accounts in your COA to determine the correct new tax account to be used.

Regards

Sowmya