Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value table Help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapians,

I need a help on the below Query .

I have created a table  <ZFITABLE>  in which field  <Function> as Key Field and created some entries .

Created another table <ZFITABLE3> in which field  <Function> as Key Field in domain -->> Value range ---->> i specified first

Table <ZFITABLE> as value table .

Now when i execute the second table <ZFITABLE3> in selection screen for Function field i am not able to get F4 help for it with

entries which are maintained in the first..

Can you please look in the attach file and help me ...

This one i dont want to create a Check table or elementary search help .. i want to use only value table

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Venkatesh.

1. First, you need to create an elementary search help in SE11. Provide a name, description and the fields. (<Function>). In the definition tab, specify the value table from which the values must be read. (ZFITABLE). Save and Acitivate it. Execute it.

2. Next, attach this search table to the second table ZFITABLE3.

Now, you can get the values for your field on F4.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without using the Elementary search help or check table , I am not sure how you can link the 2 tables.For example there are a number of tables out there that have same fields used as key using same generic domains too..(like in HR-key for example).The simple question is how can we link one table to another for the field?

If there is any specific reason for not going ahead with the check table or F4 help,then it would be easier to understand the scenario....

0 Kudos

Hi Byju,

Thanks for your reply.

i understood your question there is no specific reason .it was said to maintained a value table to fectch details from the first one,

0 Kudos

Ok,Because since you have used the same fieldname and domain for both the tables,the easiet option would be to generate a checktable for the ZFITABLE3,the system will automatically propose the usage of ZFITABLE for the action.Once completed,this will serve as check and also provide with a flexible F4.

Hope it helps...

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Venkatesh.

1. First, you need to create an elementary search help in SE11. Provide a name, description and the fields. (<Function>). In the definition tab, specify the value table from which the values must be read. (ZFITABLE). Save and Acitivate it. Execute it.

2. Next, attach this search table to the second table ZFITABLE3.

Now, you can get the values for your field on F4.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am getting below msgs

Check domain ZFUNCTION (AMIT/16.02.13/12:14)

Domain ZFUNCTION is not key domain of value table ZFITABL

Table ZFITABLE is also a value table for other domains

Domain ZFUNCTION is correct

0 Kudos

For the table ZFITABLE being used as checktable,the field function should be of type 'Key'...

0 Kudos

i have checked 'Key' for the field Function in both the tables and both tables has same domains ..

is that correct?? or do i need to change soemthing pls help.

0 Kudos

Warning message displayed after activation is ok

The table ZFITABLE containing the values should have the field 'function' as key.For the other table,it is based on your business requirement(it may or may not be the key)

Check the Table SCARR , field CURRCODE...This will give you a visual example and better undestanding on how to approch the same

Source :Value Table - BC - ABAP Dictionary - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Thanks for your Guiding Byju.

I have already maintained as Function as key field in ZFITABLE and elementry serch help created and assigned and this table is working fine ..giving me F4 help for the Entries .

Now i used this ZFITABLE in ZFITABLE3 as value table ...

in zfitable3 also function is the key field ..so now in selection screen as per my assumption

as ZFITABLE is maintained as value table in this table so this function field should poplute the F4 help .

is my assumption wrong.

below are the screen shoots

0 Kudos

Once the ZFITABLE is set as checktable for ZFITABLE3,then the F4 will be displayed from values of ZFITABLE.

For understanding this,simply create a local report and write the following code.

Parameters : p_fxn type ZFITABLE3-function.

The F4 listed will be values of ZFITABLE.