cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why MRP keep generate PR instead of dely schudle line when all are setup ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know why MRP run keep proposing PR, instead of SA when all the pre-requisite are setup accurately?

Source List.

MD02:

1. Is it  because of the source list above? If it is true that doesn’t make any sense because the fix checkbox was checked already.
  2. Does it mean I am not allow to have second source in the source list when I am using Scheduling Agreement in SAP?

Testing result showing my question on no. 2 is correct that after I delete the non-SA source list record from the source list, MRP run generate the delivery schedule. See below. ... and question again...

• Does it mean I am not allow to have second source (non-SA source) in the source list when I am using Scheduling Agreement in SAP?

Thanks
Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Check your requirements date, is this after the source list start date of 29.12.2013.

If that is not the case then the system will generate PR's. If the requirements date falls within the source list validity then the next thing to check is the planned delivery times and the GR processing time.

Since standard SAP is doing backward so starting from the requirements date the planned delivery time and the GR processing time are deducted. If the result of this is a date in the past then the system will do forward scheduling but you will get a PR as a result as the system will give you an exception message with a date in the past. For more information on the backward and forward scheduling check this thread where the method is explained and example is given:

What you also should check if you have maintained a special procurement key in the MRP view but you have not set-up your scheduling agreement for this special procurement key. The result of the mismatch will be the generation of PR's rather then schedule lines.

Example in MRP view you have maintained special procurement key 10 (consignment) but in the scheduling agreement you did not maintain the K item category then the MRP run will result in PR's.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am not quite sure which of my problem fall under which of your 3 paragraph suggestions you mentioned, but I have a strong feeling it is definitely the date calculation describe on your 2nd suggestion. Please read..

1. PETER ==> Check your requirements date, is this after the source list start date of 29.12.2013. If that is not the case then the system will generate PR's. If the requirements date falls within the source list validity then the next thing to check is the planned delivery times and the GR processing time.
    Daniel ==> Yes, the requirement date for the VSF requirement is on 06.01.2014 which is after 29.12.2013. The following is the original source list

After I took it out the first Non-SA source list record (ie. When I post the forum), I ran the MRP, the following is the MRP result. The requirement date of the VSF is similar to the previous MRP run result..

Hence that makes 1st suggestion not relevant.
    Let go to 2nd paragraph suggestion.
  2. PETER ==>  Since standard SAP is doing backward so starting from the requirements date the planned delivery time and the GR processing time are deducted. If the result of this is a date in the past then the system will do forward scheduling but you will get a PR as a result as the system will give you an exception message with a date in the past. For more information on the backward and forward scheduling check this thread where the method is explained and example is given: Re: Scheduling Agreement Schedule line, MRP and Planned Delivery Time.

Daniel ==>  Base on the MD04 screenshot, I think this is the main culprit, Am I hitting the right spot?

3. PETER ==>  What you also should check if you have maintained a special procurement key in the MRP view but you have not set-up your scheduling agreement for this special procurement key. The result of the mismatch will be the generation of PR's rather than schedule lines. Example in MRP view you have maintained special procurement key 10 (consignment) but in the scheduling agreement you did not maintain the K item category then the MRP run will result in PR's.

Daniel  ==> Yes, I have maintained the special procurement key of this material in MRP2 in material master as subcontract (i.e. 30) and procurement type: F.
    Furthermore, I have indicated “L” (subcontract) for the line item in my scheduling agreement during ME31L.

Hence that makes 3rd suggestion not relevant.

Regards,

Daniel

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

From what I can see of your MD04 screenshot I see that the PR is set on 02.12.2013.

This date is before the start of the source list. Additionally the schedule line on the 6th is manually added (with *).

Your starting stock is 1 pcs, with the PR you add another 2 pcs and finally the manual entered schedule line adds another 6 pcs.

The total stock after these receipt elements is 9 pcs. The independent requirements that are in the MD04 then consume this total stock so that at the end your are back down to 0.

So running MRP will not be having any effect with these settings as the PR will remain, this is before the validity of the source list for your schedule agreement.

Can you share what your planned delivery and GR processing times are, also is the planned delivery time taken from the material master or the scheduling agreement (set via configuration OMDT).

What I also can see is that in the source list you have MRP area 1011 defined, however in the MD04 you are showing the plant MRP area which is KR01.

So the data that you are showing is not relevant to the setting in the source list.

Proceed and do the following for testing.

first clear all procurement elements ( delete the manual schedule line in ME38 and remove the PR ).

Next put requirements in MRP area 1011 for the material and then run MRP to check for creation of schedule lines.

Or change your source list to point at the KR01 MRP area rather then the 1011 and re-run MRP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please cross check the following points:

1. Maintain MRP views for the material.

2. Maintain info record for the vendor-material combination.

3. Create scheduling agreement for the material and vendor. Please ensure about the quantity and validity.

4. Maintain source list for the material with appropriate validity period, scheduling agreement, and the MRP indicator as 2. Maintain fixed source indicator if applicable.

Now, run the MRP for the material and check whether the schedule lines are getting generated automatically.

Also, check the note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1508647 as mentioned in the similar thread:

Regards,

AKPT