cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems ME2O not able to monitor Schedule Agreement's subcontract item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

It is my Schedule Agreement question again, what a new year gift..

Anyway, my question is ...

When a standard subcontracting purchasing order created via ME21N, ME2O is able to show and to track the components which need to provide to the subcontractor.

However, when a Scheduling Agreement (SA) created via ME31L, the ME2O is NOT able to show the component require to provide to the vendor (system show green color message at the button of the screen saying "No Selection Possible) even I have run the following steps for the SA.

* ME35L (release it),

* ME9L (print the SA),

* Delivery Scheduling created via MRP

* ME84 (create SA release)

* ME9E (print the SA release)

I went to  MBLB to see if there is component already appear under the subonctractor, the screen output is blank.

All my master data (from MRP view in material master, PIR with subcon, source list <except some question i have on a forum i just post) are maintained perfectly.

Is this some kind of standad SAP of ME2O not applicable to SA's subcontract scenario.

Appreciate your enlightment.

Regards,

Daniel Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I can confirm that in ME2O also requirements from scheduling agreements are showing.

We are using this in our company extensively and it works.

I believe here that the issue is with the requirements not showing correctly because of your issue with the source list settings as you are working with MRP areas.

For testing, create a test material master, define it as subcontract header (MHEADER). Create a second material (MCOMP) as a component for the first material. Create a simple BoM with CS01 and then create a scheduling agreement (do not work with an MRP area for this testing).

Go into the scheduling agreement for the MHEADER material, there enter a requirement and release this. then run ME2O and you will see that the requirements will show in ME2O.

In your post you already showed that in your system requirements where showing in ME2O.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You are right that ME2O will capture the requirement base on my previous posting, and I missed it.
However, this example which I have been testing does not seem to behave that way. I compared both of the example, and the only glue I can get out of it is that after MRP run on the parent, the child component does not capture the requirement in the MD04. Let me show you the screenshot of two of this example.

Previous example, when the MRP was performed, the parent’s MD04 shown the SA document “5500000086”

And the requirement escalated to child’s MD04

As a result the ME2O shown the requirement.

However, for this example which I am testing, the MD04 screen of the child does not show the requirement, when the MRP was run at the parent.

Parent:

And Child’s MD04 show NO requirement coming in from Parent (unlike the first example above).

As a result, ME2O shown No Selection possible (even if I put in the component).

I scanned through the SAP note 385565, and all does not match what it said (i.e. requirement should appear).

I went to compare the special procurement type on both example, and both appear similar.
Finally, I thought my BOM was created wrong with BOM usage as “Universal”, hence I delete it and create another BOM with BOM usage similar to the previous example BOM usage, and I even indicate “L” on the “Mat. Provision Ind.” Field in the BOM, and all are in vain.

Hope you know.
Regards,
Daniel

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

If this is the material that you also referred in the other topic that you have open then you need to search you solution with the MRP area that is being used.

If you use a subcontracting MRP area then it will mean that you are going to direct ship your material from the vendor to which you order the component to the subcontractor.

When you then post the GR against the component purchase document the system will automatically do a posting into subcontracting stock.

You will also have to reference the related subcontract vendor into the scheduling agreement.

In MD04 check this material in MRP area 1011 to see if there you have requirements.

This is a screenshot of your source list in the other topic.

Regards,

PS: Please make sure that you use the correct process for what you want to do.

So check what type of MRP area that you are using for MRP area 1011.

This OSS note also discusses subcontracting + MRP areas --> http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/503497

I believe that here it's a case of processes that are being mixed up.

Message was edited by: Peter Pallen Added ref to OSS note

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Peter already explained the issue and the solution.

Additionally, you may check the note: 385565 - ME2O does not select all requirements for more details about ME2O logic.

Regards,

AKPT