Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error activating BI content for Sales Analytics

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are trying to activate the BI content for Sales Analytics.

First of all, we activated business function LOG_SD_ANALYTICS_01 and next we started activating the BI Content (business category 03 - LOG_SD_ANALYTICS_01). The activation is not successfull and we get the following error messages:

1. ESH_CO_COMMON 008 - RFC Destination NO TREX does not exist.
  2. error saving Xcelsius Dashboard 0XC_ERP_SLS_MGR_PERFORMANCE, 0XC_ERP_SLS_MGR_QUOTE_ORDER & 0XC_ERP_SLS_REP_MY_WORK

As far as error 1 is concerned, we did activate the "NO TREX" via transaction code ESH_ADM_TREX_DEST.

With regards to error 2, our entire goal is to actually use these dashboards, so we're stuck now.

I have run this activation a couple of times already (we had different errors before, such as a couple of InfoProviders that did not exist - solved via OSS note 1830268), but I'm completely clueless about this last error (the dashboards).

Did anyone already successfully activate this content? If so, did you run into problems as described above? If so, how did you resolve them?

Cheers,

Raf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I haven't had a chance to activate such content myself (but want to)

Have you looked at this document to see if it might help you?

Tammy

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Tammy,

thanks for the (extremely fast) reply! I haven't used that document (and haven't even seen it before), but I'll have a look at it tomorrow (will review everything again as well). I'll post an update after doing so.

Cheers,

Raf

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so I went through the document (which basically just "structures" the steps I already took) and went through all the steps again.

In step 2.5 I activated my bundle via BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION (just as I did yesterday). Now I got error messages on the 2O0* InfoProviders (2O0OPS_11_HDR, 2O0OPS_11_ITM, 2O0OPS_11_ASCL, 2O0OPS_12_ITM, 2O0OPS_13_ITM, 2O0SALESOFFICE) again and no longer on the Xcelsius Dashboards. Obviously now things will definitely not work as I'm missing my "base" InfoProviders. When opening the Data Warehouse Workbench, I do see 2 MultiProviders under my /ERP/SD InfoArea (/ERP/SD_MP01 & /ERP/SD_MP02), but... they have no components?!

Going on with step 3.0, I cannot find the mentionned role nor profile in our system.

Regarding the errors on the 2O0* InfoProviders that don't exist... I did receive the same error in one of my earlier attempts and finally got them all resolved (had to implement OSS 1830268 at a certain point to fix this for the last 2 InfoProviders).

So, I cannot but conclude that this is all rather "tricky" stuff... will try to activate them now via the RSOR transaction) and hopefully have more luck there.

PS in the meantime I also installed & configure the NWBC (4.0) as we'll be needing that for our "ultimate" goal (integrate our own dashboards in certain SAP transactions)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rerunning BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION "suddenly" finds the "unexisting" InfoProviders (and activates them again), but then returns the initial issue with the Xcelsius Dashboards.

Via RSOR I was able to install whatever was still missing from the Content (it seems to be more safe to use this approach, but you'll have to know exactly which objects to activate or how to find them).

Next issue: the BI queries / Xcelsius Dashboards "expect" a portal (I assume that would have to be the portal of the embedded BW server) which is currently unavailable. It's been forwarded to system admin.

I'll close this thread for now.

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

thank you for sharing this excellent document, but one question remains: For using ODP analytics on ECC do you still need a Portal with BI java or not ?

Regards,

Johannes

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need the Portal or BI Java (we have neither here)

Answers (0)