cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to validate data between BW and BPC ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How I can validate transaction data value between Sap BW and Sap BPC.??

I have connected to BW Infoprovider (ZFIGO_C01) through BPC Excel add in, and generated the report for some G/L accounts on sheet 1.

Similarly on another sheet 2 , i connected through BPC cube and generated the report.BUT the very few data is matching .

If any one is having any document for this or any one did data validation in past. Please share your thoughts .

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Did you try validating the BW cube data in Listcube Txn against the report you got from BPC cube...

Try that and see if you are seeing more mismatches.

Hope this helps....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for reply but this is not helping to solve my mismatch. I am also doing the same . I am connecting to BW through BPC excel addin and generating report which is similiar to Listcube.

If you come across any other way or docs please share .

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Sure i will let you know if i come across any help/docs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Did you check your logs while loading data from BW cube to BPC cube ?

Might be lot of transaction data is being rejected or skipped for some reason.

check out this link :

JAck

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have the same dimensions and hierarchical paths in PC and BW InfoProvider? Please make sure that you are using the same filters n your queries as the BPC context values.

Best egards,

Leila Lappin

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.We used to run EPM query one side and BW query on another side. Dump the data to MS access and try to reconcile. 2.But now a days we can connect the EPM to multiple DB connection. This way you can connect BPC model on one side and in the same report pull the data from BW. Try this and let me know if you can proceed on this.

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You can try the other way. You can query directly on BPC multiprovider using your BI Bex Tools/BI Analyser and compare these results with your actual BW data.

While doing this check ensure that you don't have any open requests in your BPC cube.

Also you can try creating WEBI report on BPC Cube and BI Cube. For more info refer the below URL

Let me know if you still need any further information. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raj