cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Configuration - VAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are setting up ChaRM in the Solution manager(VAR). I am not clear on the Transport route for multiple customers whose managed systems are connected in my Solution manager as part of VAR support.

I am clear on handling Request for change process in individual solution manager system. But,How to handle Transport requests release and approval for multiple customers from VAR solution manager?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

the incident can be created in both system, but in your scenario it is better to start from VAR because you will need to track how many works done.

The scenario example:

• Incident is created in VAR Solman
  • Then if you need to use Charm, from VAR Solman you rise Incident in Customer Solman
  • After this the processing will be handled there and you will have all links and infos between Var Incident and Customer Incident
  • Now from this step you can Create Change Request from Customer Solman
  • When CR is Implemented make automatic switch of Customer Incident f.e. proposed solution, send processing back to VAR Solman
  • If all Ok, Var Incident confimred, system automatically confirms Customer solman

In this scenario Customer Incident acts like a buffer between VAR Incident and Customer Change Request.

Sure you can try to connect Var incident directly to Customers Charm but i didnt checked yet is it possible by the standard.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

I am happy getting inputs from this discussion..

What would be the typical standard process for this scenario suggested by SAP? Any idea?

I dont want to duplicate the Incidents in Customer SOLMAN.. until this is only possible way...

Comments?

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

There is no direct possibility of supporting charm like IT service management, there is no dedicated transaction types like SMIV for charm scenarios.

hence only integration would be the option.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi and Dan,

Thanks for the help..

I am proposing my client to have Integration with VAR Solution manager with Customer SOLMAN if they want to go with ChaRM handled from VAR.

Thanks,

Gopi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

By the standard only ITSM to ITSM is possible, but!

In your case you already have RFC connections between VAR and CUST Solman.

So you can do like this:

• VAR solman create user status like CR in process
  • VAR now create ppf action z_create_cust_cr that should trigger on this status
  • VAR in this action z_create_cust_cr you will call own BADI
  • VAR create implementation for  BADI EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF
  • VAR in this BADI you can call FM with rfc enabled that will create CR in CUST Solman and put there info f.e. Incident number in long text or short text.
  • CUST here also you can make same tricks when f.e. CR is in status Implemented trigger action ppf or charm action to update status of incident in VAR Solman to f.e. CR Implemented or Proposed Solution

I just want to say if you have RFC connections between system life comes easer.

Remote Enabled Functions is the key in your case if you dont want to use Customer ITSM and rise Change Request directly in Charm.

Rg Dan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi, I test that on a VAR scenario but only for SAP Solution Manager 7.01 EHP1.

I test to setup VAT for 2 different customers and solution and I can't do it for 2 reasons:

1.- The domain controller, you need to setup a domain link to each customer transport domain, I can't do it but this is about my poor experience on TMS experience; but for customer that could be a problem to allow that. maybe that is different if you setup CHARM without linked it to TMS, only for aproval procedures.

2.- while setup project CHARM options, and SMS (i did that on solman 7.01), you can't use SMSY product systems with prefix like "SMP00001", you are only allowed to use SMP"; for that if you setup charm for 2 different customer's and that 2 customers use same systems ID, that will be a problem.

Remember that I did that test for Solution Manager 7.01, I can't't test it again on a 7.1.

There is a Solution manger scenario, "Solution Manager as Service Provider" that indicate you to use some functionalists as a managed service, that's a Pilot for RunSAP partner that i'am involved.

There is a faq sap note that told about that, and CHARM is not contemplated there, check it at:

1887095 - SAP Solution Manager as a Managed Service - FAQ

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

We never tried, by logical this is much cumbersome, In VAR we partition the customers by solutions. each solution refer each of the customer, now in Charm we may end up creating various projects for each customer ( solution ), though we do have VAR RFCs and user roles available, maintaining transport routes of all customers in single system is risk.

Either as Dan said you can refer for Charm on customer solman ( which is very similar to the standard charm) else check with SAP directly via Expert guided sessions/OSS.

Thanks

Jans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks for your comment. I need your expert advise here on the below scenario....

As a VAR partner, we host a Solution manager system where my clients Managed systems (ex. ECC, PLM) are connected. My Customers Solution manager is not effectively used now...

Customer create Incidents in VAR solution manager using web UI. Currently, we are not using ChaRM and there is no Project Management setup. (we use SOLMAN (VAR) as just a service desk).

Now, we want to handle Minor enhancements as part of our support/maintenance project.

Do you suggest us to handle this in Customer SOLMAN? In that case, what happens to Incident in VAR? Do i need to close it and open a Request for change in Customer Solman?

Thanks,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

It is possible to use, for this you will need establish RfC's and configure Transport Routes in each system you want to be conected.

But i think its more security question rather than CHARM functionality.

I think this will not be comfortable because each time when Customer wants to change partner he will need to disconnect your Solman System from transport routes and RfC's there is a lot of work.

Try to better do this Connect VAR solman to Customers Solman via ITSM and use Charm in Customers Solman instead of VAR.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

That is really informative.... One question: If Customer SOLMAN is connected to VAR Solman, Where would be the Incident be created?

If it is in VAR Solman, How the Incident be converted to "Change Request" from VAR Solman to Customer Solman?

Kindly throw some light on it.

Thanks,

Gopi C.

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Pls refer below links for similar error,

http://scn.sap.com/message/9864055#9864055

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2044496

regards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i mentioned, i am comfortable using ChaRM in standalone scenario. My question is more about the VAR scenario.

Thanks.