cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave request approval not opening in UWL for custom workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MSS addon 1 and we have customized the standard workflow WS21500001 for leave request and using the same standard task TS21500003. In this standard task we have changed the rule for agent determination.

When i create a leave request i can see the workitem in the UWL, but when i click on it, it doesn't open  the application, it says error  404 not found. But if i attach the standard workflow it works fine. Am i missing anything, your help will be really appreciated.

Regards

Govind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi govind ,

can u plz chk ur workflow is activated as General task . in SWDD t- code or else once activate it and try

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/message/15296047#15296047 1946640 can you check this note if it is implemented

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you change the tasks and parameters in SWFVISU t-code, Portal side re-register in UWL once.

And also check the workflow log in SWIA t-code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for the reply. I am using the standard task TS21500003 in the custom workflow, and no parameters are changed in SWFVISU. Standard workflow works fine with the task TS21500003, custom workflow is not working  with the same task.

Regards

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Have you attached the custom workflow to the leave types in the table  V_T554S_WEB . Then ia case if is maintained then check for the workflow template whether the task attributes is maintained as general task.

Also check for the whether the agent assignment is maintained in the workflow template. Then finally check the SWIA for the log and in the graphical view easily you can find out where the problem occurs.

Hope this solves the issue.

Regards,
Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Thanks for the reply. All these are done. For the custom workflow, i can see the workitems in the manager's uwl, only thing is, it is not opening the leave approval application. All backend setings in PTARQ are made, workflow is triggering and i am able to see it in SWIA and it is going to manager's uwl, but the application doesn't open.

Regards

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I think the problem will be with the UWL configuration where you must check for the XML file com.sap.pct.erp.mss.addon and check for the task 215000003 and maintain as shown below,

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS21500003.SAP_ECC_HumanResources" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="defaultAction" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources" externalType=" TS21500003" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<CustomAttributes>

<CustomAttributeSource id="WEBFLOW_CONTAINER" objectIdHolder="externalObjectId" objectType="WebflowContainer" cacheValidity="final">

<Attribute name="REQUESTID" type="string" displayName="Request ID"/>

</CustomAttributeSource>

</CustomAttributes>

<Actions>

<Action name="defaultAction" groupAction="" handler="ObjectNavigationLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="ObjectValue" value="LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}"/>

<Property name="Operation" value="approveleaverequest"/>

<Property name="ObjectName" value="employee"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="true"/>

<Property name="System" value="SAP_ERP_HumanResources"/>

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="defaultAction"/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

Hope this solves the issue.

Regards,

Mithun K

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check in Time Approval and Task Remainder powl application in MSS. Check is it showing the leave request for approval or not. And try to approve from there.

And also Activate the Task info parameter in UWL iview parameters and check either it's pointing to standard Task or not. See below screen shots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Govind,

As Mr Shankar suggested you can go ahead with the POWL for the approval of Leave request in case if you are going ahead with the standard workflow id.

But in the case of custom workflow if there is more than one level of approval i doubt whether the POWL will support. Mr. Shankar please suggest.

Regards,

Mithun K

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, POWL will support multi level approval also. Make sure your using standard task TS21500003 in your custom workflow also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then the same application must open from UWL also in case if we are maintaining the XML file correctly and also the task is maintained in SWFVISU transaction.

It would appear both in POWL and UWL and we can use any one these for approval. Correct me if am wrong.

Regards,

Mithun K

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, it will work for both UWL & POWL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

I am working in the same object. In the UWL it is showing all the workitems. When I am opeing any one of them, it is opening the it is opening the first workitem. When I checked the technical help the request id is shwong as null.

In SWFVISU I written like this.

APPLICATION          hress_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl

DYNPARAM             sap-wd-                                                                                                     configId=ZE_HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APP&LRF_ARQ_MODE=A&LRF_WITEM_ID=${item.externalId}&LRF_REQUEST_ID=${RequestId}

NAMESPACE          SAP

SYSTEM_ALIAS      SAP_ECC_HumanResources

I checked with LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID} too.

Please let me know what mistek I did here?

Thanks in advance

Gopal

0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

We are also facing the exact same issue in our UWL. whenever we click  on any workitem it always opens the first workitem. This is happening in all our systems -dev/Quality/prod .

If you were able to resolve the same ,please let us know the steps you had taken.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u chk the SWFVISU parameters once  which u have maintained over there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Maintain the visualization parameters for Task used as below and re-register the UWL in portal once.

APPLICATION    hress_a_ptarq_leavreq_appl

DYNPARAM LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}.&WDCONFIGURATIONID=HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ&LRF_ARQ_MODE=A

NAMESPACE sap

SYSTEM_ALIAS SAP_ECC_HumanResources

Regards

Wilman S