cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4.1 SP2 Dashboards Display Blank Page from Netweaver Portal iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

We upgraded to BI 4.1 SP2 and having strange problem with Internet Explorer (ver 8,9,10) displaying just a blank page

when trying to launch a dashboard from a Netweaver portal iview.  Netweaver is 7.3.1 Sp7

The odd thing is that Chrome and Firefox correctly display the dashboard from the portal

IE will display the dashboard from the BI Launch Pad correctly.

So we checked the BOE server and that our SAP BW roles are imported and the folder permissions are correct

All the BOE servers are started and we have restarted the server intelligence agent and tomcat services with no luck.

Nothing has changed in the netweaver portal

To confirm it is not a single sign on issue, we tried with a webi doc and it displays correctly from with the NW portal iview.

I reviewed the BI4.1 admin guide again to be sure we didn't miss any post install steps

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001063062013E/sbo41sp2_bip_inst_win_en.pdf

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Lee Lewis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the iview properties Document ID (CUID or bw_id) correctly matches the properties of the dashboard doc in the BOE server.  The portal group everyone has read and end-user permission to the portal iviews.  Problem occurs on all dashboards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if IE is running in compatibility mode? If it is, please turn off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  I checked again using F12 and it is set to IE 10 and compatibility view is off.  Tried resetting IE to all defaults with no luck.  This occurs on all users pcs, IE versions 8, 9 and 10

Downloading patch1 for BI 4.1 Sp2 and the latest JVM 6.1.... hoping that fixes it

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still downloading...

Used fiddler to capture http traffic and it logged that the session state was aborted.

Again, this is only for Internet Explorer versions 8, 9 and 10 and without compatibility view turned on

Using F12 Developer Tools in IE and Script tab

When we try to access the dashboard in IE  get the following in F12 tab
SCRIPT5: Access is denied.

openDocCallbackAsApplication.js, line 7 character 2911

I have tried to set IE security settings to low and restart browser, but no affect.

Found this doc to be interesting, but not  the answer as there are no http error codes, just a blank screen and nothing in the portal trace filesor the BOE log files.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40910

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turned on script debugging and this is where the session is crashing

SCRIPT5: Access is denied.

window.frames.openDocChildFrame.document.location=postURL

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI 4.1 SP2 Patch1 finally applied.  Did not fix

We also tested with laptops not on corporate domain so do not receive global policies and same thing.

So pretty sure this is a bug.

SAP transferred the 'incident' to BW-BEX.... crud

Anybody out there running BI4.1 Sp2 dashboards in netweaver portal 7.3?

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of the problem has been narrowed by yourself. So before the incident was sent to BW team, did you get a chance to check dashboards created with simple webi reports,BW not in backend.

Also you mentioned that the compatibilty mode was not ON, so could you please set it to compatible view.

You can also give a shot to check "Enable automatic image resizing option availble in advanced internet properties."

What would be the version of Adobe flash used. You can try to use a differnet version and see whether IE is responding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind

Thanks for your reply. We are BW only, but we did test a webi doc from netweaver portal and this works.  It is only dashboards...

As for IE, I have tried with compatibility mode and IE 7,8,9,10...

Updated Adobe flash..

Updated JVM on server to latest release 12/24/2013 ver 1.6.

You gave me an idea about window size.  I changed the iview properties to open in new window and removed any defined sizing, but this had no affect.

The problem is certainly in the

SCRIPT5: Access is denied

Waiting on SAP to get back to me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the note 1938659 provided by durga and it explains the same behavior as described by you. Should definitely help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arvind,

Note 1938659 does look exactly like our issue.  The note mentions that ADAPT01711393 would be resolved in BI 4.1 Sp2.1.  Unfortunately I applied patch 1 and it did not fix this defect.

1938659  - Error: "Access is denied" occurs when viewing Analysis Workspace document using Opendocument through SAP EP on I.E 8

I am pursuing issue with SAP OSS.  Ugh

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Durg,

Checked Note1737445 - Internet Explorer standards mode rendering for EP

Tried changing iview to open in new headerless window (standard mode)
We are on NW 7.3.1 SP7. No change

1934889 - Javascript error when opening BI 4.1 AOLAP document in EP iView

Changed openDocCallbackAsApplication.js” file, change the second instance of “window.frames.openDocChildFrame.document.location” call to “window.open” call.  Restarted tomcat and server intelligence agent.  No change

Really thought 1934889 was going to be the ticket!  I

Good finds on these notes.  I updated our OSS incident with this info.

Trying to uninstall BI 4.1 SP2 patch 1, Sp2, Sp1 and get back to BI 4.0 SP7 on our dev system

Leaving QA to continue work the issue.

As for restore, well  I am told we cannot restore to the point in time needed anymore so that's nice.

The saga continues....
lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the note also mentions that the issue might be fixed in SP2 patch 1 or may be moved to some later patches.

I didn't get a chance to go through the fixed issues list for patch 1. You can go through the same for this adapt. There would be a + / - in the adapt number so you will need to go through it thoroughly.

Do let the folks know that the note mentions the adapt, which will help them to a conclusion immediately.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We uninstalled 4,1 SP2.1, SP2, SP1 to return to BI 4.0 SP7 and dashboards once again open correctly in the enterprise portal.  Continuing to pursue issue on our dev system as we have been awaiting the improvements in 4.1.

Will let you know how it goes!

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Discussed status of  ADAPT01711393 with SAP and there is currently not a correction.  It has been added to SP3 due out in March-April. Bummer, we had waited for SP2 for this release to settle out.

So, for us we have to stay on BI 4.0 Sp7 until this is corrected.  We are starting to change development from dashboards to Design Studio 1.2.

Thank you Durgamadhab Mishra and Arvind Pandalai for your helpful information

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to be able to help Lee..

Great to see you reach to a logical conclusion on this issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we have waited since Jan for BI 4.1 SP3 to include a fix for ADAPT01711393

We applied SP3 to our system and the problem is still there

Dashboards published to the NW portal using the iview display a blank page when using any version of IE, but work in firefox and chrome.  Our corporate policy is to use IE.

I knew I should have left the OSS message open at high priority, but closed it at the request of SAP.  Now I have to start all over.  Extremely frustrated.

Lee Lewis

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lee,

I have looked at the ADAPT you mentioned. It was raised for Analysis Edition for OLAP documents and IE8. And is reported fixed in SP03.

As you can see the workflow and products used are a bit different. And while the errors were identical, it was incorrectly assumed that fixing one will fix another.

Unfortunately closed Incidents cannot be re-openned.
I think best cource of action for this is to call CIC and request a new incident, provide this ADAPT and request escalation and a fix for your workflow specificaly.

You can contact CIC here : http://service.sap.com/contactus

Regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Denis,

I have been in contact with a development manager and he confirmed that the ADAPT  only addressed AOLAP, but our OSS message and direct conversations with SAP development have been very clear that this was an excelcius dashboard issue and all versions of IE. SAP assured it would be fixed in SP3 so we closed the message.  I will take your advice and open another incident.

Our management is pretty hot about this.  Hoping can get an advanced correction this week.

Ugh...

Thanks again Denis,

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

We had the same issue just now with SP3. We've tried to remove our domain from compatibility view in IE11 and it works.

we are going to install the latest portal iviews for BO, hope it could solve the compatibility issue.

Regards,

Xin YAO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

As I mentioned before, we were having the error: openDocCallbackAsApplication.js, line 7 character 2911 when we are using IE with compatibility view. (other browsers are OK)

After debuging in the openDocCallbackAsApplication.js, I copied the content of PostURL and there is a warning in the link:

The EmbedSecret property is not configured in the system with alias: . (FWC00009)

http://www.saptechies.org/accessing-business-intelligence-iviews-causes-fwc00009-erro/

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3287459

According to the thread, we installed the new BO iview par file to our portal, set the embed secret on both portal and BO server,  restarted the portal and BO server (clean browser cache and wait for 1 hour after restarting...) and it finally works.

Hope this could help you!

Regards,

Xin YAO

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Xin

I will review the thread you mention and let you know.  Just spoke to SAP and the have opened new  Adapt# ADAPT01723420   to track this issue specific for Dashboard now.  However, any correction will likely not make SP3 patch 3.2 due out end of May.  So I am very interested in pursuing your advise!

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have reinstalled the epa file for portal from the 4.1 SP3 deliverables to EP Portal

Deleted and recreated the EP system connector for BI and set embed secret there and in global properties.ini

Restarted BOE server - no luck

Same error

Restarted BOE windows server and EP Portal instance

Same error...

BTW, we do have SSO working correctly between EP, BW and BOE.

But thanks, it was worth a try. Does anyone have Dashboards 4.1 SP3 working with NW EP 7.3.1?

Hoping to hear back from SAP development.

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is our custom/global.properties file

sso.enabled=true

siteminder.enabled=false

vintela.enabled=true

idm.realm=INSUMMIT.COM

idm.princ=dev-biadm

idm.allowUnsecured=true

idm.allowNTLM=false

idm.logger.name=simple

idm.logger.props=error-log.properties

pinger.showWarningDialog.cmc=false

pinger.showWarningDialog.bilaunchpad=false

logon.embed.secret=1234

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good news!  SAP development fixed the javascript - openDocCallbackAsApplication.js

We confirmed on our system so now 4.1 dashboards are displayed in the NW portal

They are doing their best to include this fix in BI 4.1 Sp3 Patch 3.2

Thanks to all that helped

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

We are facing similar issue for one of the 3.1 Webi Report the report is not opening in IE in SAP 7.3 Portal and it is working fine in chrome please find the below javascript error we are facing.

Can you please help us on that. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JoMi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have encountered the same error, but with line 7 character 3059

BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 4. It works fine with Firefox or with IE 9 URL-iView.

Is the problem solved with BI 4.1 SP04 Patch 3?

Regards,

Joe

former_member221140
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Joe,

I just applied patch 3 to my test system and I still have the exact same problem, sadly. Works fine in IE11, IE10 does not work. I have an incident open with SAP, will update this thread if they solve it.

former_member221140
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm thinking of trying what Xin did to re-create the portal iviews for BO, however I have never done this before. Does anyone know if this is something that should always be done with upgrading BO?

JoMi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

we had upgraded BOE 4.0 --> BOE 4.1. After the upgrade from BOE we had to delete the old iView templates from BOE 4.0 in the portal. After the clean deletion we had to import the new iView templates from BOE 4.1. Then we had to recreate the existing iViews.

Regards

Joe

former_member221140
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply and information. Do you happen to know of a good how to you could point me to for doing this?

former_member221140
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,

I imported the new EPA and PAR files for the BO iview templates from BOE into the portal. I then deleted the old iview and re-created a new one, same error. as you Joe.

JoMi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks for reply and information.

2 important notes for this procedure:

• Remove existing com.sap.businessobjects.iviews app from the Portal + iView templates:       note 1672422

• Installation: note 1694773

Regards

Joe

former_member221140
Participant
0 Kudos

I seem to be getting this problem as well, however I am on Bi Platform 4.1 Support Pack 4 Patch 2. I have a dashboard embedded as an iview in the portal and it does get the error below using IE10, however it works in IE11 with compatibility mode unchecked.

Anyone have an idea for this?