cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Adapter Error

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing an RFC->PI->SOAP Axis Synchronous Scenario. I am facing below error with RFC Sender Adapter:

Sender channel 'RFC_OUT_ECC_GO' for party '', service 'ABC_040' (internal name 'RfcServer[RFC_OUT_ECC_GO]')<br>Server data: {jco.server.gwhost=53.91.xx.xx, jco.server.progid=PROGRAM_ID, jco.server.gwserv=sapgw55, jco.server.unicode=0}<br>Repository data: {jco.client.lang=EN, jco.client.snc_mode=0, jco.client.client=040, jco.client.passwd=******, jco.webas.ignore_jdsr_error=1, jco.client.user=xyz, jco.client.sysnr=55, jco.client.ashost=53.91.xx.xx}<br>Current pool size: 1, maximum pool size : 10<br>Last error status:<br><br>RfcException:<br>    message: CPIC-CALL: SAP_CMACCPTP3 on convId: 00000000<br><br>LOCATION    SAP-Gateway on host SAPHost / sapgateway<br>ERROR       registration of tp RFC_XID_PROGRAM from host PIHostnot<br>            allowed<br>TIME        Tue Jan  7 19:38:15 2014<br>RELEASE     720<br>COMPONENT   SAP-Gateway<br>VERSION     2<br>RC          720<br>MODULE      gwxxrd.c<br>LINE        3641<br>COUNTER     38393<br><br>    Return code: RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION(3)<br>    error group: 102<br>    key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

We have done the below:

1) Creted the RFC destination of type T in ECC

2) Assigned a program id to the RFC Destination

3) Used the same progran id in PI RFC Sender communication channel(configured properly with SAP host/gateway service/ system number/logon credentials)

4)Program id is registered in ECC.

we have tried stopping and restarting the channel.

We tried registering the Program ID on PI server also as per sap note 353597 considering PI as the external side.

Also the connection test from ABAP se37 for the given function module says "Function module does not found".

not found where? In ECC the function module has been created and it has been imported and activated in IR.

Also please answer my below questions:

1) Do we need to get the program Id registered on PI server also. If yes how?

2) Do we need to get the server restarted once the program id is registered on ECC system?

3) Do we explicitly need to import function module code in PI box? I believe just the importing of RFC in IR will do.

I have gone through the SAP Note: 730870 but could not find anything relevant.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Kindly help as this has become a bottle neck for project delivery.

Regards,

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

You have the same error as with this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3479746. Please refer to SAP Note 1850230 - GW:"Registration of tp <> not allowed" for the solution.

Hope this helps,

Mark

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mark,

I'll get it done and update back.

Regards,

Pooja

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Even after implementing the above note, we are facing the same issue in RFC Sender communication channel.

Basis team has also modified settings as per SAP note#1592493.

We tried restarting the PI server with and without the security parameter gw/reg_no_conn_info.

Please let me know if anything else can be done.

Regards,

Pooja

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

The details of the rfc server and gateway should be your ecc system and not the PI system. Please refer to Michal's blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapte... and do the steps on the sap note I mentioned.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark,

We made the changes and it started working

Thanks a lot for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Check if rfc destination in ECC has correct Gateway host and Service details. Do a connection test and Authorization test. Also check if you have provided the same ECC gateway, service (provided in ECC rfc dest) in your RFC sender channel along with appl server details.

Regards,

Pranav

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

As per your error, I think there is an issue with the configuration of RFC destination.

Can you please check the RFC destination from SM59 using connection test?

Regarding your questions please find the below answers as per my understanding.

1) I dont think you need to register the program ID on PI server.

2) No server restart is needed.

3) Only importing the RFC is enough.

Also please check if you are adding the correct RFC destination while executing the RFC.

Also please check if you have selected "Registered server program" in the RFC destination.

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Both the tasks have been done. i.e RFC destination of connection type T with the option selected for "Registered server Program" has been created.

The basis team has given the PI gateway host/service details in the FRC destination created on ECC box.

Is that correct???

because the below blog says the opposite:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3427338

Shouldn't it be the ECC gateway host/service?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Pooja

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

the gateway and host details should be from ECC system in which you will be executing the RFC.

Please run the transaction SMGW in your ECC system and these details you need to configure in the RFC destination.

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Even after changing the gateway host/service to ECC details in sm59(ECC system) we are getting the same error as before in ECC while doing connection test.

We tried validating the connection between ECC and PI using SFTC_CONNECTION standard FM but it gives the same error in Sender channel.

How do I get rid of the error in RFC Sender communication channel in PI.

Dont know what we are missing.

Please provide input.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

While testing the RFC destination, what error you are getting?

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In ECC the test fails and gives an long text saying "Function Module not found"