cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASAP Methodology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola buenas tardes

Tengo una duda acerca de la metodología ASAP.

Imaginemos que una empresa consultora está desarrollando un proyecto de implantación de SAP y para ello emplea la metodología ASAP, que como bien sabemos se trata de una estructura incremental. Una vez hayamos aprobado y firmado el BBP,  como podríamos dar cobertura a un requerimiento que se identifica en la fase de realización pero que no se identificó previamente en el BBP ya aprobado. Es decir, si quisiéramos añadir una funcionalidad nueva en la fase de realización, una vez aprobado el proyecto se podría añadir sin que afectará al resto de las fases ASAP o por el contrario la rigidez del sistema no lo permitiría? Muchas gracias. Un saludo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

WaldemarFal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Oliver,

as I see from the answer (since my Spanish is much worser thant Tilmans) thyt your concern is about the changes during the project. Originally ASAP is waterfall-based as the methodology for ERP implementation. So you have in theory accepted BBP and you should follow it. Bu us usuall as Tilman wrote beside probably core ERP nobody is able to write down 100% perfect the desigh.

On the other side you have now Agile ASAP that enables changes and incremental implementing.

Indeed ASAP is methodology to implement SAP systems but rather limited in the area of project management itself. If you need support for change management - how to handle them properly with minimizing risk for the project you schould take any of project management methodology like PRINCE2 or PMI for example.

The worst thing you can have on project are creeping changes that seamless will become uncontrolled and you will be in troubles. Now agility is buzzword so you can not prevent changes as they are immanent part of the business. Changes are good but you have controll them.

Regards

Waldek

tilmanul
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Buenas días, Oliver,

unfortunately my Spanish is still too poor, that's why I respond in English. I hope this is fine with you.

I think it is quite normal that you face changes or new requirements during realization, as nobody is able to foresee and cover 100% of the needs during blueprinting (that's why you should establish good OCM and Change Requirements Management processes). Then you cross-check against what has been agreed upon and signed off in the BBP and change/amend accordingly.

ASAP8 is not restrictive about that and gives you the flexibility you need: you follow your project approach, e.g. using the ASAP8 phases, tasks and deliverables and consider the updated requirements accordingly. Yes, you might go a step back, e.g. change customizing or re-write test cases, however this is also quite normal (so hopefully an exception, not the normal routine -but this is another story).

Best, Tilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tilman.