cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts duplicate check (batch program)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a batch program that will perform a duplicate check on all contacts in CRM and create a cleansing case.

My question is, is there any standard function module/programs that I can use for duplicate check and even creating a cleansing case in CRM?

I truly appreciate any input or advice regarding this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

I have the same Problem. I found the customizing tables of Data Quality Management in CRM, I have connected the TREX. Currently the duplicate check at creation/Change of Business Partners is working.

But I am desperately searching for a possibility to run a duplicate check in Batch.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this in Standard ways?

Greets,

Jan

ashik_k2
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashik,

yes I did. But we are not implementing the External List Management.

Basically contacts are added in from external sources into CRM as contacts and then in a batch program, we are to go through those contacts and perform a duplicate check. 

I would like to know the best way to go forward to perform a duplicate checks in background if we were not going to use ELM or DQM.

Thank you.

regards,

Amanda

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

It would be very interesting to know why you do not want to use the data quality management tools to call the duplicate check program + make the system create cleansing cases for you + even let the system automatically merge the corresponding contacts.

Or maybe your question was more about how can we implement a duplicate check program?

(because unless your system is based on HANA, nothing will be provided by SAP -- but there's still the possibility to implement your own logic within a BADI if your system doesn't contain too many records, otherwise performance could be a show stopper).

Regards,

Nicolas.

ashik_k2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For cleansing case you can check Note 1804767 and attachment attached to it.

Refer below link also

Data Cleansing - Business Partners - SAP Library

Regards,

Ashik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amando,

look at this SAP Note 1112924

Best

Yoro