cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Binding not working for New UI Element added to View V_BASIC_DATA (Webdynpro)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to enhance a standard Webdynpro View(V_BASIC_DATA) screen ( Basic Data Screen of Recipe Develpment) to add new Input fields.

Component: /PLMU/WDC_RCP

View: V_BASIC_DATA

Application Component: PLM-WUI-RCP

User will input values in those custom fields and then I need to read those values once the user hits SAVE on the screen.

To achieve this, I have enhanced the Webdynpro View as follows:

1. Enhanced standard structure to include the new field. (This is the stucture to which all the other fields on the standard screen are bound to in the Context binding).

2. Added a new UI Element (InputField) on the view layout.

3. Added this new field(from DDIC Structure) to the Component Controller Context.

4. Did the mappping between the Component controller context to the View Context.

5. Did the value binding (Properties section) of the new UI field to the new DDIC field in the structure.

After doing the above, I run the application and enter values in the new UI element field. After I hit Enter the value in the custom field dissapears. After Debugging, I see that the input text I entered on the new UI Element does not get bound to the structure field at runtime. However, the other standard fields text that was entered on the screen do get updated in the structure. There seems to be an issue with the binding on the face of it, however, I have done the binding exactly the same as it is for the other screen fields.

Any help/guidance in this matter will be helpful.

Regards,

Kashish Jethani. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Kashish,

Have you enhanced the structure /PLMB/S_RCP_BASIC_DATA_SP?

When you press enter, the update method of the servicer provider class is called. The service provider class won't do anything with this new field, so when the retrieve is called after the update is finished, your entered value will be skipped and the retrieve will overwrite the context.

You can find information regarding the Service Provider Infrastructure here:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SPI/Home

You can find help how to enhance applications in the same page:

Enhancements - Service Provider Infrastructure (SPI) - SCN Wiki

Kind Regards,

Gergo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kashish,

Could you share how did you check whether the data entered in the input field is captured in one of the attributes you have added at what level ?

and you could have updated the mapping(View level), when you added another node in the Basic data node in the context at the component controller. you get that option in the context menu.

Regards

Anurag