cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Explorer - Hangs with a Blank Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of our key users who has same roles like others in the group does not get the chance to have a look the BO Explorer.

On clicking the BO Explorer or trying to run the Report. The Screen is just blank....

With his User I logged into my PC, I could execute the report (so no authorization issues) and realised it might be something on the ClientPC but he is using a Standard Laptop which has IE 8, Java Version and Flash Player installed what might be missing?

Regards

BVP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done all the above proposed solutions...  But still the issue exists without any error message information...An option should be now to open an OSS message.

Regards

Preretham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know it's specific to a user but could you try this, in:

\tomcat\webapps\explorer\WEB-INF\classes\default.setting.properties

disable.compression.filter=true

Restart Tomcat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BVP,

Is it posisble to get a totally new laptop for your user and login with his ID to try again

I still doubt whether there is something wrong on his Broswer

We encounter similar issue when we upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 and we ask user to clear their IE cache.

Due to some mis-operation for the IE cache clearing, some user iss till complaining the issue

We are using this way to check whether issue is in system or in user laptop

Best regards

Alex yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please delete all browser caches first then try again

Best regards

Alex yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search the client PC for the Explorer Flash files and delete them. I have seen occasions where the browser cache is not cleared and it doesn't update the client Flash file with the later version on the server.

Like George mentioned, use Fiddler to identify all the Explorer Flash files which are loaded. (they should be the ones from Tomcat6\webapps\explorer\plugins folder)

Kind Regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to delete the browser cache so the user gets a new swf file from the server.

Run a Fiddler session to see what is going on and inspect the request and response.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Preetham,

Check to make sure the user is running the supported browser and make sure the flash is up to date. 

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

User has same Browser and Flash Version like what I have on my PC. Where as I can run it and he cannot and it's wierd.

Now trying to update to the latest version of Flash player and let me check.

Regards

Preetham 

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Preetham,

Go to www.adobe.com and check/update the flash to make sure the plug-in it is working properly.  Sometime do network related security settings on users PC's the install does NOT happen properly.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will suggest to try updating the flash. This issue has been little common recently and should be fixed with the updated flash.