cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Dashboards 4.0 - working with dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
I have a requirement where a project may have multiple milestones, and for each milestone there is a scheduled finish date and an actual finish date (Any start date is not being provided). There is another numeric field which should act as the base for alerters.
Have been playing with single value components but to no avail.
Please suggest what would be the best component to represent such data.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please help me to get the difference in dates coming under the same column.

I want the result in the format of No of days in the next column.

For eg:-

Date

No of Days (This must be the result after using formula)

7/13/2014

7/15/2014

7/20/2014

7/30/2014

If below there's no date it must be Zero “0” in (No of days column), as I don't want error in my report like-41850.

Can anyone please help me with this formula...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Let me get this straight, so you want to show two dates, one the scheduled finish and then the other is the actual date that it finished, you also want alerts, You can use a scorecard as Eshwar has mentioned before or just use label texts to do the same.

But if you want to represent the data on the Days, you can use the Bullet Chart,

Hope this Helps,

Thanks,

Fazith Ali Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheik,

Thank you for replying.

Scorecard is exactly what we had opted for, as it was looking like our best bet for such data. But this visualization was rejected by the client saying that they do not want to see any data in tabular form.

Showing the status is not a challenge for us, as we could always use an icon with alerters.

The main challenge is to project the dates.

A single project could be of 2-4 years duration, and each of the 10-20 milestones could have a target date (in dd/mm/yy) anywhere throughout the project duration. Depicting a scheduled vs. actual finish date for each milestone isproving out to be a challenge.

As for your other suggestion - bullet chart - would it work in this scenario, where difference between individual milestone's dates could be far and varied? I'll try to play with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Can you show us a snapshot of how the data looks like so we can see guess how to represent it, And yes you can simply pass the dates as the value for the Bullet chart, you can play around with the three data values, Performance(actual Ending date), Comparitive(starting Date), Scale( Proposed Ending Date),

Thanks,

Fazith

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you could elaborate more, we would definitely help.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

I have tried to understand your requirement, and if you mean that you would like to simply represent the data you have then  IMO the best component to go for would be a scorecard. This can easily represent each of the milestones along with their scheduled and actual start dates. Also, using a scorecard will allow you to set alerts based on the additional numeric column that you have on your data.

I hope that helps. In case I have misunderstood, please clarify your requirement to me.

Regards,

Eshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar,

Thank you for replying. Please see my reply to Sheik Mohammad to get a better view of the situation.

Regards