cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Copy of AIX 64bit Oracle SBP 11.2.0.3.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the planning process for a hardware platform change from HPUX to IBM servers.
We will be using Oracle 11.2 Transportable Database Migration to migrate the database from HPUX to AIX.
One of the prerequisites is that same Oracle software version and patches exist on both source (HPUX) and target (AIX).
All databases on our HPUX servers are on Oracle SBP 11.2.0.3.6, however, the SAP Software Download Center only has
AIX 64bit Oracle SBP 11.2.0.3.8 (SAP11203P_1312-200909977.ZIP) available for download.  I opened SAP incident asking for a copy
of the archived AIX 64bit SBP 11.2.0.3.6, their response was that none was avaialable and to use the current version. 

However, our migration project time constraint does not allow us to upgrade our existing 22 HPUX databases to Oracle SBP 11.2.0.3.8.
It will save us a lot of time and effort if we could get that AIX 64bit Oracle SBP 11.2.0.3.6.

Does anyone have a AIX 64bit Oracle SBP 11.2.0.3.6 version equivalent to HPUX SBP Oracle 11.2.0.3.6 (SAP_112036_201305_HPUXIA64.zip)?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oleg_goldberg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I am dealing with exactly the same scenario and need SBP 11.2.0.3.6 for AIX.

Were you able to find it?

If yes, can I get a copy?

Thank you

Oleg

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

You may always go with latest SBP as it will also cover bug fixes available with 11.2.0.3.6

Regards,

Deepak Kori

oleg_goldberg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In the normal circumstances, I would definitely use the latest SBP available but in this case we need to minimize the Production systems downtime as much as possible, so having exactly the same version of Oracle on the source and the target lets us avoid running catsbp script which could take a very long time to complete.

Thank you

Oleg Goldberg

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

so having exactly the same version of Oracle on the source and the target lets us avoid running catsbp script which could take a very long time to complete.

What is your exact scenario. Please explain ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

oleg_goldberg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

It is the exact scenario Tom Nii described in his posting.

Thank you

Oleg

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

As per scenario described above its a migration from HPUX to AIX server with oracle database.

For such a case you will definitely have parallel server setup on AIX.

Following approach can be used to minimize downtime

1) Make use of tablesplitting and other migration optimization features to perform the export

2) Install target system on AIX/Oracle with latest SBP. This can be done before the downtime begins.

3) Make use of parallel export/import feature to minimize the downtime

Regards,

Deepak Kori

oleg_goldberg
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

My original question was about older SBP availability,

The migration itself will be done using Oracle TTS/TDS approach.

Thank you for your input.

Oleg Goldberg.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

As SAP responded that it has been removed from SAP service marketplace. It would be challenging to get that.

My suggestion was to support your migration in absence of 11.2.0.3.6 SBP.

Regards,

Deepak Kori