Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Adapters

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have SAP PO 7.31 AEX SP08 installed but it doesn't have B2B adapters. I suppose I need an upgrade to get B2B adapters on my box. Kindly suggest which service pack should we go to?

Also I want to have some experience of few guys who have done migration from dual stack to single stack for seeburger adapter interfaces.

Currently split997 is being used for interfaces, how will this be handled on PO box.

its urgent so hope to get quick pointers.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Anand Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You need to download the B2B add-on separately. This is not available after a SAP PO installation.

Please go to the SAP Service Marketplace -> Software Downloads -> Installation and upgrades -> A-Z index -> P -> PI B2B add-on.

Afterwards, upgrade the software using the same path within Support Packages and Patches.

NOTE: the SFTP (PGP) adapter is not included in the download above.

Next, read this:

Play around with it and revert back to me in case of questions or problems.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

PS: feel free to visit the B2B integration community on http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couple of points addition to the above reply..

B2B Adapters has a dependency on SFTP & PGP Adapters ...which means you should install first the Security Addons provided and once you procure the license for B2B you will be able to download and install the B2B Adapters on your System...

Seeburger and B2B are products from seeburger and SAP respectively.....but both requires the licenses to install on your PI System..

if you are planning to migrate your EDI scenarios using seeburger no need to install the B2B Addon's...

HTH

Rajesh

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Do you mean to say that B2B adapters available out of the box is not free. It needs separate license?

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, involve additional licensing cost ....

Secure Addons(SFT & PGP ) Adapters are free of cost...but B2B Addon attracts additional cost..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the cost of the B2B add on , do you know?

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The B2B add-on is included in your SAP PO license.  So it depends.

Contact your local SAP account manager for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I have proposed the installation of the B2B Adddon . We are SAP PI 7.3 SP5. We need to upgrade to SP9 to get this installed. Our PI is not PO. So, if we upgrade to PO , what will be the 'estimate' license cost? Just a rough estimate if you know.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Licenses really depend on several parameters.

Also, SAP PO is core based. SAP PI licenses used to be volume based.

So your sizing is a parameter. Perhaps some commercial discount, ...

Giving an indication is therefore not that easy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

This was your initial question in my blog:

I am new to SAP B2B adapter and till now not got a chance to do any handson but have a question in Mind. We have split997 adapter from seeburger, what is the alternative available in SAP B2B adapter to use it. I am looking after migrating interface from PI dual stack to PO single stack.

SAP provides the EDISeparator adapter within the B2B add-on. This adapter allows you to

• Receive multiple B2B messages from a partner
  • Spilt the EDI interchange into single B2B messages
  • Generate the CONTRL (acknowledgement) message
  • Message routing (using different filters)

So, this adapter can perfectly replace the SPLIT997 of Seeburger. In fact, the new B2B add-on can completely replace Seeburger.

Kind regards,

Dimitri