cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG Filling

0 Kudos

Hello

I have a query on DGM.

I need to create DG Master for a Product which contains two dangerous goods.

Consider a marketable product (X) and it contains two dangerous goods ( A1) & (A2) of class 6.1 and 8.respectively.

• (X)
    • (A1)
    • (A2)

To fulfill this requirement i created a Material X and a Specification X (Spec Type Real_Sub).  for the Marketable product.

Further i created   UN Listed Substance for A1, DG Classification for A1 (IATA & IMDG) and Real_Substance for A1. And assigned the material X.

Similarly I created UN Listed Substance for A2, DG Classification for A2 (ADR & CFR_RAIL_C) and Real_Substance for A2. And assigned the material X.

On performing the DG filling i get the following message.

Filling completed; problems have occurred (see log)

The message guides to  Message no. DGA404. On a check this message is not maintained in (hide messages in import log).

Any responses on this particular scenario would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check log. in Transaction DGP7.

If the log does not contain any entries, this could be due to the settings in the IMG activity Environment Health and Safety -> DangerousGoods Management -> Interfaces: Filling and Distribution -> Common Settings -> Hide Messages in Import Logs.  ( Message Class would be DGA and Msg.404)

Recommendation:

To determine the cause of the error, deactivate the hiding of the messages in the above IMG activity.

Check the result of filling.

Thanks

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

explanations of Balajee a very helpful. But I would like to add some info:

You have material X assigned to specification X, and you have material Y assigned to specification Y.

Both will get data in property tree. Based on the data both will get a dangerous goods master. Now you perform a "physical" mix. Therefore you need a new material Z and a new specification Z. Then once again data is maintained and DG classification need to be done and therefore Z will get its own dangerous goods master data.

But it seems to be that during filling of dangerous goods master of material Z an error message come up. Here I believe the approach/hint of Sunil might help.

But from business point of view (maintenance etc.) it seems to be that you have prepared set up correct.

PS: please read cross the DG filling part of SAP online help; there are a number of subprocesses involved which I did not mentioned here assuming that you are not using these in your scenario; but this assumption might be wrong; I am sorry. In contrast to SDS distribution no OSS consulting note is available explaining the DG part of SAP EHS.

C.B.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

thanks a lot for your valuable responses i was able to run the DG Filling process.

On  assigning of the individual components A1 & A2 as Hazard Inducers in the Dangerous Goods Classification i was able to complete the Filling activity.

Thanks once again to all the members for your responses.

0 Kudos

thanks a lot for your valuable responses i was able to run the DG Filling process.

On  assigning of the individual components A1 & A2 as Hazard Inducers in the Dangerous Goods Classification i was able to complete the Filling activity.

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Meghana

Here due to presence of A1 &A2 Product X will become a Dangerous goods , so you have to create the specification for Product X (Real Sub) and give the reference of DG Class and assign the respective material to real substance and fill the DG , here you have to mention A1 & A2 are hazard inducing susbtances at Hazard Inducers field with respective Trasport regulation in DG Classification.

Here A1 & A2  will also a materials , so you have to assign the A1 & A2 materials to real substances of A1 & A2 and assign the respective DG class reference and  then run the fill activity.

Balajee