cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Billing Request Items in SAP CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have requirements to create BRIs for Service contracts. Each BRI will create a Debit Memo Request in SAP ECC.

All Billing activities happens in ECC.

I did the following configuration:

1. Synchronization of master data (SAP CRM and SAP ECC)

2. Synchronization of pricing conditions (SAP CRM and SAP ECC)

Conditions are identical in both systems.

3. Customizing of service transactions in SAP CRM

You have set the External Billing indicator for the relevant item categories. You do this in Customizing for Customer Relationship Management, by choosing Billing Define Billing Relevance of Item Categories.

4. Customizing of controlling objects in SAP ECC

You have defined CRM controlling objects to which costs and revenue generated by external billing can be automatically assigned. You do this in Customizing, by choosingIntegration with Other SAP Components Customer Relationship Management Settings for Service Processing Controlling Integration

5. Controlling integration: Customizing: Integration with Other mySAP.com ComponentsCustomer Relationship Management Settings for Service Processing Billing Integration Map Transaction Types and Item Categories.

When i release the Contract items, I dont see any BRI created. I am not sure where should i check, if BRIs are created.

I have following questions:

1- Where to check if BRI is created for contract

2- How to generate BRI.

3- Can i debug the process of BRI creation? Is there any FM which gets called or BADI?

4. what am i missing in above config.

Any help, material will be helpful.

Regards,

Shastri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

You need to use Billing Plans for Service Contracts Scenario to create BRI items.

In the Billing Plan - you can assign whether it is a Periodic Billing or Milestone Billing. Then you need to assign this billing plan to item categories. So based on the period (monthly,quarterly,yearly) - the BRI items will be generated.

So Please try using Billing Plans for your scenario. As you mentioned earlier, you are using ECC for all Billing purposes. So the system will create one Debit Memo Request document per Contract and it will each line item for each of the BRI's in Service Contract. System will not generate one DMR per BRI item.

You can check the BRI items generated at the item level --> Billing Plan Tab page (Assignment Block in Web UI).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj, it helped me also. I am working on Auto rental project. Can I contact you if I need further information?

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siraj,

I am not able to crate DMR for BRI.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generation of BRIs form the flow categories used in the cash flow determine whether the system creates a BRI. You can specify in Customizing whether the system creates an individual BRI for each flow category or groups several flow categories in one BRI. The system generates the BRIs up to a given key date, which the system calculates using a date rule defined in Customizing. The system recalculates the key date periodically for the remaining term.

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if the Bdocs are getting generated in SMW01, Check if the ques are getting cleared from SMQ1 and SMQ2.