Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Anywhere 16 developer edition download problem for Mac OS X

Robert_Russell
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to try SQL Anywhere 16 for Mac OS X as that is my primary home computer.

However every time I go to download it fails. Either I get a "please be patient, your download will start in a few seconds" and never starts or I get about 2mb through and it aborts on my Mac.

Has anyone else successfully downloaded the software for Mac OS X?

I have downloaded SQL Anywhere 16 for other operating systems successfully but as I state, ideally, I would like to try out the Mac version.

Any assistance appreciated and I have tried the download from Chrome on a Mac and Firefox and Chrome on windows.

Chrome I get

Firefox it just loops

Thanks

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonHinsperger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I have occasionally had this problem in the past and I think it is somehow related to the SAP ID service stored in my browser.  I found that clearing my cookies and re-logging in to the SAP ID service resolved the download issue for me.  Can you give that a try and see if it helps?  FWIW, I just downloaded the MAC OS install with no problems.

--Jason

Robert_Russell
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you,

Clearing the browser cache and re-logging back in allowed me to download the Mac OS version.

I was convinced there was something "special" about the Mac download after failing to download from my Mac and Windows and various browsers. However the download kicked into life after following your suggestions.

Cheers

Robert

Answers (0)