Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Experts,

Our business Scenario ~

One Plant

Two Storage Location:

- Normal Storage Location

- Sample Storage Location

We want to putaway one product(just one product Number)  to right storage type(Normal Storage type, Sample storage Type)

How should I configuration and distinguish two storage location in EWM?

Testing Scenario  as below:

T-code: VL31N

Product A   Normal Storage location     Qty

Product A   Sample Storage location    Qty

------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintain  Product Master A in EWM

Putaway Indicator is Normal Storage Type and then Sample Storage Type ( I'm not sure how should I set sequence ?)

Maintain Availability Group

Normal Storage location Availability Group    =  001

Sample Storage location  Availability Group  =002

Maintain Storage Type

Normal Storage Type   N000   and set Availability Group    =  001

Sample Storage Type  S000   and set Availability Group  =002

Maintain WPT

How should I do?

Because Document Type + Item Type +  Availability Group is unique!

EX:  INB+ Item Type are the same in two storage location

so we cannot conifuration to  both scenario!

INB+ Item Type+ WPT (for Normal Storage location)

INB+ Item Type+ WPT( for Sample Storage location)

Best Regards,

Howard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have two different storage locations and want to putaway material differently per storage location? Na, come on, that is not difficult

Two storage locations = two availability groups = two stock types. And the stock type is part of the storage type search sequence (for putaway and for picking).

No need to mess up anything with the warehouse process type...

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen Pitz,

Danke schön!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have something similar kind of Scenario.

I have one Plant and 10 storage locations which are single  EWM warehouse managed.But these 10 SLocs are in 3 Physical buildings.Like below

Building 1-SLOC1,SLOC2,SLOC3

Building 2-SLOC4,SLOC5,SLOC6

Building 3-SLOC7,SLOC8,SLOC9,SLOC10

I have stock type and availability group for each storage location and configured accordinlgy.

Now the problem is if i have Material1 in both the storage locations like SLOC1 and SLOC2,how do i receive them into their respective storage locations.

Need your advice here

Thank you..

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

.... so, where is the problem?

You receive something into a storage location by entering the storage location in your PO or in your inbound delivery.

The only thing not possible in standard (I believe) is that you have in each building a staging area for goods receipt which is found just by the SLOC.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen ,

I have a typical case with respect Stock type..

I have two Storage location say 0001 and 0002 (they are created for logical differentiation rather than physical differentiation) and have certain stock types associated with them. We have unrestricted stock type FX for 0001 and FY for 0002.

We want to place both stock types FX and FY in a particular storage type say in 123 for a common picking process.

In order to place them together we have to remove the mandatory availability group check from storage 123.

As per my understanding this mandatory check controls the determination of stock type in inbound process (ROD to AFS) , therefore wondering what could be the affect of this change on Inbound process ?

Regards

sandeep

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it has no effect. In this case you do not work with the ROD/AFS scenario and you do not have to. The only things that happen is that there is NO posting change when the final putaway happens.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (0)