cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't check out after upgrade to PD 16.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after my upgrade to PowerDesigner 16.5 one of my workstations isn't able to check out and it is getting the following error message.

A command sent to the repository proxy failed.

We are using the latest release of PD 16.5 SP03 with a SQL Server 2008 as repository database and the 64 Bit proxy service.

The client is using the 64 bit version of PowerDesigner. All the other workstations are working fine no matter if they are on 32 bit or 64 bit plattform.

I cant get any further information to this error. Wether the local log file or the proxy log are plotting any error messages.

Are the any special ways to get detaild information to this error?

kind regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing the same issue

We are on 16.5 SP02 PL03

Can someone confirm, this issue has been fixed in SP03 or SP04 please?

Is there a workaround for SP02 for this?

What is strange... this error pops-up only in one model (out of 80). The difference to other models is, that this model is like 108 MB big, the others are between 5 and 40 MB.

Direct connection seems also NOT to solve the issue...

Thanks,

Rafal

skymaster337
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue when using direct and proxy connection. We are on an Oracle 10g database. Any suggestions?

vaudino
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

This issue should be fixed in most recent PD 16.5 SP03 PL02.

Can you tell me wich PL level you have?

Regards

Veronique

skymaster337
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm working with Adam on it, but if you could help it will be great! I'm on 16.5 SP03 PL02 version 16.5.3.2 (4343). Still having the same problem with this fix--although it managed to successfully upgrade the glossary and check it out. Before I could not even do that. The error I'm getting is on identifier "T2"."XKGM" identifier, whereas before I had the issue on "T2"."MODT" identifier...

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Which error do you mean? 

skymaster337
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan, thanks for answering my post. The error I'm getting is ORA-00904:"T2"."XKGM": invalid identifier. SQLSTATE = S0022.

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

i would check the following thing: is the odbc driver for your connection appropriate?  (must be 64bit on a pd 16.5 64bit)

HTH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the proxy is working well. I changed the odbc connection to 64 bit due to the 64 bit proxy service.

On my 64 Bit machine the connection is working well. I can checkout and checkin, but my colleague is getting this error message and nowhere is a logging entry for further investigation.

We also tried to uninstall and install the PD client. No change.

kind regards

Christian

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

i meant the odbc on the client side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

I don't need the local ODBC settings. The client is using the proxy to communicate with the repository and at the server the odbc settings are correct, because on my machine the communication is working.

I don't have any idea what is going wrong.

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry i seems i messed it up i am using a local odbc to the repository so i cant help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am getting the "A command sent to the repository proxy failed." error as well after upgrading to 16.5 SP03, for some models, but not all.

To see the source of the error, log on to the proxy server and run (as an administrator) the "Proxy Config 16" application (pdproxyconf16.exe).

In the "Log File" section, note the initial value, then change the Level to "Full Debug".

Also note the Name of the log file and click OK (no need to restart the proxy service for this change to take effect).

Try to check out a model using the the proxy, and after getting the error check the proxy server's log.

I found the following invalid SQL command:

update PMOPTS set VALE=null from PMSEQN SQ where SQ.NAME=PMOPTS.NAME and SQ.NAME='xxxxx'

that preceded this error message:

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

This appears to be a bug,

If you have a busy proxy server, change the log level back to Warning or whatever value you had so the log file does not get too big.

I now use a direct connection to the repository which allows me to check out/in models without getting this error.

Hope this helps.

Xiao-yun
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It seems that the problem is related to a proxy communication issue.

We will provide a fix shortly.

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a bug, You should be able to check out with direct connection.

Should be fixed in the next Patch Level.

Take look in the KBA

1973302 - SP03 Proxy error: A command sent to the repository proxy failed - PowerDesigner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like EBF 22452 or EBF 22451 released 13-Feb-2013 has corrected this bug for the full PowerDesigner.

Using the PowerDesigner Viewer with a proxy connection to the repository will still trigger the error with the invalid SQL:

update PMOPTS set VALE=null from PMSEQN SQ where SQ.NAME=PMOPTS.NAME and SQ.NAME='xxxxx'

A direct connection will still work in this case.

pascalmenoud
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is not a bug.

It is a statement used by the proxy (and the direct connection, but you don't see it in a direct connection) to test whether the database supports statements like "UPDATE {table} set {expressions} FROM {other_table}...", without having to hardcode combination of RDBMS+versions, which actually support it.