cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT - Multi Source Data Foundation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have BI 4.1 SP01 on windows 2008 R2 server with Tomcat on the same server.

When I try to build a single source universe using Information Design Tool, then I'm able to do it.

When I bring in two secured connections into my Project and while building data foundation layer when I select multi source enabled, then I can chose the two connections and it opens up the tab for the Data Foundation layer...But when I try to bring tables from any of the two connections then I'm getting error message "Conversion from UTF8 to charset failed : Encoding not loaded". I have attached a snapshot the error message.

I'm not able to find much help on google...any idea how can I fix this issue?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lzak,

Give a try by making few changes to the PATH environment variable.

1. Add "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64" to the PATH environment variables on the SAP Business Objects Enterprise server.
  2. Restart the SIA

NOTE: Modify the path in case the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise is installed in different folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for your help. This addition seems to have fixed the issue on the server side. I'm no more getting the error when I use IDT on the server.

However, when I try to access the MULTI ENABLED option in IDT for multi source Universe, the selection screen for connection is not responding. I see the message "Finding connections..." and it take about 15-20min to clearup the message. Once the connections are found, then it does not allow me select the connections. The buttons for Cancel and restore are working fine, but not the connection selections.

Any idea how I can fix this? I have tried adding the 32 bit path to the PATH in the environment variables, but still there is no progress on multi enabled connections window.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Yes, this seemed to be similar issue I'm having. However those solutions doesn't seems to be working for me. I have tried all the KB's with different combinations as well but couldn't get it resolved.

It was supposed to be fixed in BI 4.0 SP5 and I'm on BI4.1 SP01 and still having the problem.

Any idea what else I could do to fix it?

Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the same situation that you.

It does not work any method.

antoine_brejuin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find anything helps ?

Thanks

Antoine

antoine_brejuin
Explorer
0 Kudos

I  am replying to myself!

Here is a KB to check when you have a BI 4.1 https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1mciZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

For me it solves a part of the problem, after that I was able to create a multi source data foundation using IDT directly on the server.

I was not able to do the same from IDT installed on another server / computer.

former_member244450
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

We had the same issue while using IDT where the sources are Oracle and Netezza. Issue is with Oracle source. Your solution of adding to path environment variable and restarting SIA worked for us.

But we have the same connection in production as well which is working fine without issues and there is no path set there in prod. How is the connection able to load the required dll's in prod?

Please help me understand , and thanks for your note. We have spent so much time troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

Vara Prasad

Answers (0)