Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement in the idoc_input_desadv1 for updating the zfield in likp table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am updating the zfield maintained in the likp table through idoc. But here my dought is like in the FM(idoc_input_desadv1),i couldnt able to see any BDC or BAPI for uploading the data. Please let me know is there any other procedure that is following for updating the data.

Now i would like to post the enhanced idoc type data to update the z-field in the LIKP table.The zfield maintained at the header level. So please let me know the enhancement where exactly we can code for updating.

This field is not maintained in the transaction level(VL31N). Do we directly update the database without maintaining the field in the transaction level.

Your prompt response should be greatly useful to me.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a FM GN_DELIVERY_CREATE which is called in side the FM: IDOC_INPUT_DESADV1. This will create the Delivery.

One thing that doesn't makes sense to me is, How is the field maintained in the LIKP table and not in the standard transaction? YOu cannot have programs to update the z field separately after you create a delivery every time right?

YOu should have looked at some user exits or screen enhancements badis to include the z fields in the transaction also, so that the data gets saved whenever the delivery is created.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to add Z-field (EDI shipment id) that comes from EDI as an IDoc. This is the header data.

Please let me know some enhancement name that can be done in the screen as well as in the standard FM(idoc_input_desadv1) that is going to post the z-field data into the likp-zfield by taking reference from the delivery document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got some idea about the same, we can update the zfield by writing the update task, after filling all the standard fields. The zfield is going to udpate separatly means after posting the idoc. This can be done in the Exit include program ZXTRKU08.

Can any one worked on how to update the zfield after posting the idoc separatly.

This is very urgent requirement. can you one help on this one.