cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Workforce Performance Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All - Does anyone have any experience publishing recordings from SAP Workforce Performance Builder (WPB)?

The training team has WPB installed on laptops, but end users do not.

What is the easiest way to post these files to a SharePoint site or within a PowerPoint Presentation for someone that does not have access to this tool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rahguv,

learning material created with SAP Workforce Performance Builder does not need any installation in order to be played back by the end users. The e-learning content can be published in several different ways:

Manager option of Workforce Performance Builder:

Users can access assigned contents from within the so called "learner view" of SAP Workforce Performance Builder´s server component "manager option". By doing so, you can use the manager option as alight-weight LMS including learning paths, reporting capabilities and more.

HTML output:

Standard publishing format for simulations and e-learning courses, can be played back with the supported browsers without any plug-in. HTML output can be put onto a fileshare or be integrated to any existing HTML web page. Can be embedded into SharePoint as well.

SCORM or AICC package:

By publishing the content into a SCORM or AICC package, you can easily integrate SAP Workforce Performance Builder content into a Learning Management System of your choice.

EXE / SAP Learning Content (SLC):

Easily shareable one-file output formats. While the executable version works directly out of the box on any Microsoft Windows computer, you will need a registry entry for playing back the SLC version. This entry is set automatically as soon as you install a Instant Producer or Producer but can be set manually by administrators as well.

Hope this helps, please let me know in case you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your reply.

We are publishing these files as .dkp and converting them to a zip file.

This requires an end user to download, unzip, and play the .html file on their PC.

Are you aware of any workarounds to this? We cannot post these .html files directly to our SharePoint without an error. I'm wondering if you know of the best way to record, publish, and publish to SharePoint in a format where and end user and go to SharePoint, click on the .html file and allow it to play without the additional steps (download, unzip, play)?

Thanks,

Rahguv

0 Kudos

Hi Rahguv,

the DKP format is intended for sharing the raw source material between authors.

For making the content accessible for end-users the valid options are those mentioned in my previous post, e.g. publish the content on a webserver and distribute the link to your users. By doing so, you will avoid the cumbersome approach you described (download, unzip, play html file).

Regarding an integration of content into SharePoint I´d recommend to get in touch with your SAP support representative - I know that several customers are doing this and you should be able to get a detailed instruction for it.

Best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)