cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP and Support Package for ESS/MSS for ECC6.0 EHP7 and SAP EP7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Could any one please guide me what is the latest BP & Support packages for ESS/MSS for Below landscape .

SAP EP 7.31

ECC 6.0 EHP7- NW7.4

SAP_HR      604       0066

EA-HR         607       0017

Also can you please tell me the procedure and the prerequisite for implement ESS/MSS on this landscape . 

Hint : The following Business Functions exists on Back end ECC but not activated :

HCM_ESS_CI_1

HCM_ESS_WDA_1

HCM_ESS_WDA_2

HCM_MSS_WDA_1

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar ,

was downloaded this components and I tried install it using SAINT but not appear in available Add-on packages after load packages from application server EPS\IN .

Is it compatible with this landscape :

Back end : ECC6 EHP7 NW7.4 

JAVA applications : SAP EP 7.31

Thanks .

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

in EHP7

EA-HR_MSS is reintegrated into EA HR

Please use the Admin guide for HR renewal Feature pack 4

You need to decide first are you using WDJ based ESS/MSS or UI5/WDA based ESS/MSS as from your levels you are good enough to use UI5 based Landing page

use this link http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/4a/11300128bd6278e10000000a42189e/frameset.htm according to your requirement as explained above

for WDA you don't need to deploy BPs you can upload via PFCG read note 1685257 and follow the attachment

I see from your last quote you are looking for java???? I would advise to use newer WDA as no further development is there for WDJ ESS/MSS 1909625 - SAP Netweaver 7.4 Portal upgrade - which XSS packages to use

1730102 - Release Restrictions for SAP NetWeaver 7.4

1774566 - SAP Business Suite - Restrictions 850345 - Add-on compatibility of SAP NetWeaver 7.4 - JAVA

Please use the maintenance optimizer (MOPZ) to determine the packages which fit together. Please check http://service.sap.com/solman-mopz for further infromation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth Rajora

Thank you for clarifying these points. I need to run ESS\MSS on SAP EP 7.31 Without upgrading to SAP EP 7.4 and the link between it and Back end : ECC6 EHP7 NW7.4 .

As you said must use the HR renewal . can I install this ADD-ON in Back end using T-code SAINT ?? after download all Support Package for it because I facing some problems in the MOPZ after upgrade EHP5 to EHP7 .

Please help me in the steps that must be implemented to run ESS\MSS as soon as . 

Thanks .

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, you can install in the backend if you are using or planning to use HR renewal ie WD ABAP based ESS/MSS and activate the switches ie it ll replace your JAVA iviews and will require new implementation of roles and homepage etc

Please first clarify your requirement and update us

from your reply above, you have not activated the business switches for

WD ABAP based ESS/MSS so you ll be using Wd java and you need to deploy them in portal as explained in above new BPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi s.Rajora

1-  I need install ESS\MSS on EHP7 what are the methods available for use it ?

2-  I don't know the requirements of compoanent for install HR renewal Add-on on EHP7 ?

3-  can I use ESS\MSS through HR renewal Add-on on EHP7 without the use of SAP EP  ?

4- Please clarify more for this part

"" Yes, you can install in the backend if you are using or planning to use HR renewal ie WD ABAP based ESS/MSS and activate the switches ie it ll replace your JAVA iviews and will require new implementation of roles and homepage etc ""

5- when use MOPZ 7.1 sp4 for DEV system EHP7 NW7.4 . I can't see HR renewal Add-on in the step

Choose Add-On Products ? 

we working now on this landscape :

ECC 6.0 EHP7- NW7.4

SAP_HR            604       0070

EA-HR               607       0021

LSOFE              600       0024

LOCHRSAE     605       0028

please tell me the sequence of Installation . Its hard to find the documents for installtion on SMP . 

Thanks .

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

-  I need install ESS\MSS on EHP7 what are the methods available for use it ?

it depends you want to use ESS/MSS on java or on ABAP WD

You can use PFCG to deploy Business pacjages ie roles

for WDA you don't need to deploy BPs you can upload via PFCG read note 1685257 and follow the attachment

2-  I don't know the requirements of compoanent for install HR renewal Add-on on EHP7 ?

use the admin guide

3-  can I use ESS\MSS through HR renewal Add-on on EHP7 without the use of SAP EP  ?

Yes, use NWBC

4- Please clarify more for this part

"" Yes, you can install in the backend if you are using or planning to use HR renewal ie WD ABAP based ESS/MSS and activate the switches ie it ll replace your JAVA iviews and will require new implementation of roles and homepage etc ""

If you use WD ABAP or UI5 Hr renewal Fp4, you would need roles and implementaiton as its different from java based ESS, MSS

5- when use MOPZ 7.1 sp4 for DEV system EHP7 NW7.4 . I can't see HR renewal Add-on in the step

Choose Add-On Products ?

we working now on this landscape :

ECC 6.0 EHP7- NW7.4

SAP_HR            604       0070

EA-HR               607       0021

LSOFE              600       0024

LOCHRSAE     605       0028

please tell me the sequence of Installation . Its hard to find the documents for installtion on SMP .

Please confirm what you are targetting first ie java or abap based ESS/MSS, once decided then you ll have to do the steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same configuration.

I have installed (for WDA 😞

BPERPESSWDA1.50

BP MSS ADDON 1.0

BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.51

Now, I don't have JCo Destinations SAP_R3_* on my Portal that are needed to configure ESS/MSS application.

Can you help me?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajora !

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

We are currently on EP NW 7.31 - SP4. We are currently on HCM - EHP 6 and we wish to upgrade to EHP 7. In order to use EHP 7 functionalities, is it necessary to upgrade portal from NW 7.31 to NW 7.4?

On portal what all business packages should be implemented to use EHP 7 functionalities?

Regards,

Navya.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the SAP note 1874939 - SAP Business Suite for SAP NetWeaver 7.4 1927803 - How-to select an ESS/MSS ERP product version when upgrading SAP Netweaver version If you are using WD ABAP ESS, then you are rather independent from the portal releases. refer here http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2014/04/18/hcm-ehp5-ehp6-and-hr-rene... you need to know if you are using WDA or WDJ, explained above http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10aa7a34-40d0-3010-e49a-86dfc5bef...

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Portal side you need to deploy below BP's for all WDABAP applications

BPERPESSWDA1.50

BP MSS ADDON 1.0

BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.51

If your planning to use any Java based applications like Who's who then you need to deploy. I think in EHP7 this application also released in WDABAP based.

BP ERP05 ESS 1.41

Then additional BP's for Talent Management are below.

BP ERP TMS 1.51

BP ERP05 TALENT DEV 1.01

In ECC side you need to activate all required SICF service related to ESS and MSS

in T-Code SICF

ESS Applications HRESS*

MSS Applications HRMSS*

sap->public->BusinessSuite

And activate other required services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to your response shankar . 

Please specify the name ADD-ON and Support packages which must be on Back end ECC6 EHP7 for running ESS\MSS

and Can I install this ADD-ON using T-code SAINT 

Thanks .

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can install it, MSS Add-on component EA-HR_MSS 1.0 SP4 or above

Check the market place once for current SP level availability

former_member190816
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

We are using EHP 6 and portal 7.3.

For this version also same above BP should deploy or any other BP should deploy.

--

Regards

Somu