cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004s on Windows Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wonder if it is possible to install the trial version of SAP NetWeaver 2004s on a Windows Vista system (Business Edition).

I tried it out but the installation process failed right in the beginning with an error log entry that states the installation program is not able to execute "RegOpenKeyEx". This error appears for several registry entries in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\" folder. So step by step I set "full access rights" for the administrator role (I run the installation from this role) and continued. Now I have reached an entry where you can not change the rights for any user. It is the "gpsvc" entry. When I try to change anything there I get the error message "Access denied".

Did anyone have some experiences in installing the 2004s trial version on Windows Vista? Can anyone tell if it works?

If some SAP officials read this thread, could you please make a statement if Windows Vista is supported for 2004s? Thank you!

Regards,

Torben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

had the same problem

when you add <sid>adm to the local administrators group it just goes fine

at some point the installation apparently switches to <sid>adm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check with Note 967123, it can help you.

Cheers,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torben,

I ran into the same problems that you are describing when trying to install the NW04S trial edition on a Windows Vista system.

I was able to complete the installation by changing the "Owner" of gpsvc to "Administrators" and then allowing Full Control to the "Administrators" group.

Hopefully, SAP will provide a more Vista-friendly installer at some point.

Regards,

Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

thanks to you for this answer.

Now I can start the installation process but when it reached phase 4 another error occured:

ERROR 2007-03-20 15:03:31

MUT-03001 Value of type HKeyClass has illegal value '0'.

ERROR 2007-03-20 15:03:31

FCO-00011 The step setRegistrySecurity with step key |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|setRegistrySecurity was executed with status ERROR .

I am not sure what this error is about. Maybe it has something to do with the windows registry again.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Torben

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't remember running in to this particular error, but I ended up doing a reinstall where I ran the setup binary in Windows 2003 Server compatibility mode; this resolved another problem I ran into with the J2EE engine not starting up correctly (failing with a message saying the OS version was not supported).

0 Kudos

Hello Torben,

Were you able to solve "setRegistrySecurity" issue. I'm trying to install 2004sSP9 on windows vista machine and am facing the same issue.

Please respond.

Thanks.

Vishwas.

0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

so you did manage to install NW 7.0 on Vista? In particular, did you manage to install the Java AS?

If so, how did you get into "Windows 2003 Server compatibility mode" - are there any commandline options for sapinst.exe or how does this work?

Cheers, Ralph Debusmann (<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>)

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Jan 11, 2008 2:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I am having the same problems you faced when trying to install the |NW04S trial edition on a Windows Vista System.

Still a beginner regarding SAP.

Please would you go through the steps i would need to take to allow full controll to the administrators group?

regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

Can you explain how to change Owner" of gpsvc to "Administrators" and then allowing Full Control to the "Administrators" group.

Thank you very much

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we also want to install NetWeaver 2004s on Windows Vista (Business Ed.).

Did somebody sucessfully finish the setup process by now?

Can somebody tell me some "tips and tricks" about problems that could appear during installation?

Thanks in advance.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR - REQUEST OR OFFER POINTS ARE FORBIDDEN>

Regards,

Martin

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Sep 25, 2008 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

It will be helpfull if anybody can help me in resolving the same following problem.

ERROR 2009-04-05 13:39:39

FCO-00011 The step AddPrivileges with step key |NW_DI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_First_Steps|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|AddPrivileges was executed with status ERROR .

am facing this error on MS windows 2003 while installing Dialog installation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

JIggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing the same error on step 3 (install common system files) for NW2004s installation on win server 2008 with oracle 10.2g, my Solman 4 installation with sql server 2005 went with no issue, but with oracle having lot of issues, and this error is not allowing me to move ahead, please help how to resolve this problem.

OS - Vmware guest OS windows server 2008 i386

DB - Oracle 10.2g

java - j2sdk 1.4.2.19

ERROR 2009-05-15 01:03:24

ERROR 2009-05-15 01:03:24

FCO-00011 The step setRegistrySecurity with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|setRegistrySecurity was executed with status ERROR

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Samir Desai : You need to disable UAC for Win 2008 if SAP Note 967123 is not working

Edited by: Kirankumar Rajput on Feb 23, 2010 6:51 AM