cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 11g Installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Gurus.

I am installating oracle 11g and during pre-requisites check i am getting the below errors and warnings.

Physical Memory - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether the system has at least 922MB (944128.0KB) of total physical memory.

Error:

-  PRKN-1019 : Failed to create directory "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\\oraremservice\" on node "SOLMAN", Error: "0|Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " .
- Cause: Cause Of Problem Not Available
- Action: User Action Not Available

Details:

- 

PRVF-7531 : Physical memory check cannot be performed on node "SOLMAN"
- Cause:  Could not perform check of physical memory on the node indicated.
- Action:  Ensure ability to access the node specified and view memory information.

Swap Size - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether sufficient total swap space is available on the system.

Error:

-  PRKN-1019 : Failed to create directory "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\\oraremservice\" on node "SOLMAN", Error: "0|Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " .

Details:

-  PRVF-7574 : Swap size check cannot be performed on node "SOLMAN"
- Cause:  Could not perform check of swap space on the node indicated.
- Action:  Ensure ability to access the node specified and view swap space information.
  - 

PRVF-7531 : Physical memory check cannot be performed on node "SOLMAN"
- Cause:  Could not perform check of physical memory on the node indicated.
- Action:  Ensure ability to access the node specified and view memory information.

Free Space: SOLMAN:C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2 - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether sufficient free space is available in the file system.

Error:

- 

PRVF-4001 : Check: Space available on "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2"
- Cause:  Could not determine mount point for location specified.
- Action:  Ensure location specified is available.

Architecture - This is a prerequisite condition to test whether the system has a certified architecture.

Error:

Details:

-  PRVF-7536 : Architecture check cannot be performed on node "SOLMAN"
- Cause:  System architecture could not be determined.
- Action:  Ensure that the correct software bundle is being used.

Environment variable: "PATH" - This test checks whether the length of the environment variable "PATH" does not exceed the recommended length.   

Details:

-  PRVF-3919 : Failed to retrieve value of environment variable "PATH"
- Cause:  Environment variable value could not be determined.
- Action:  Check user equivalence and whether the user has administrative privileges on the node.

Dear Gurus please help me resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Mohd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deeraj_shetty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if admin user is assigned to correct group and also swap space available for installation (check SAP guide for details).

Regards,

Deeraj Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

Issue resolved. There was entry entry in host file that has given (Full qualified name) after removing that, the installation got Success.

Thanks to Dheeraj and Nick for the support.

Regards

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd, im having the same issue with my oracle 11g installation and i see you resolved the issue by removing an entry in a host file. Please kindly explain the step. What host file are you refering to and where can i locate it? and what Full qualified name are you also referring to? Sorry if these are basic questions, im very new to this. Thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Christina.

You can locate the host file in windows: Path --> C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and the file name is hosts - open the file in notepad and you can find the entry for example: abc.xyz.com, where abc=hostname, xyz=domain. Just remove this entry and try to run the installation. If still the error not resolved feel free to post so that we both can coordinate and resolve the issue.

Please let me know if any more clarifications needed.

Thanks

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. ALL This thread is closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

We are facing similar error in our environment.

We are trying to install using <sid>adm in winddows 2003, Oracle 11.2.0.3 and 64bit

In host file, we don't have fully qualified name.

Kindly help us.

Best Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear satya.

Install with the user having administrator rights and please attach the screenshot of hosts file which you can find under the path ex: c:\\windows\system32\drivers\etc --> hosts. So that issue can be analysed.

Thanks

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

thanks for reply.

Please find hosts file.

Tstadm  Authorizations

Best Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya.

Start the installation with administrator user and before starting instalation add the system I.p address and hostname in hosts file and also make sure environmental variable ORACLE_HOME is set.

Thanks

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try and reply with result and also give me your mail id. So that we can coordinate and resolve the issue.

Thanks

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohd,

ORACLE_HOME is already set.

As part of Oracle upgrade from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.3, we started Oracle installation 11g2 with TSTADM.

As you mentioned, I will try with Administrator user account and let you know the results.

email-id: [REDACTED BY MODERATOR]

I raised message with SAP also.

Best Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya.

Could you please share your gmail address.

[SEE THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT - MODERATOR]

Thanks

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohd,

[REDACTED BY MODERATOR]

Best Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya pls come online on gmail snd accept my frnd request, we will coordinate & resolve the issue.

Thanks

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya.

Try after deleting sap2tstsrv from the hosts file.

Thanks

Mohd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohd,

With Administrator user-id worked.  I cannot use gmail account from Office.

thanks Mohd.

Best Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satya.

No Problem. I asked the your id just to coordinate with you to resolve the issue. I think now the issue is resolved, [REDACTED BY MODERATOR]

Thanks

Mohd

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd.

Which user are you using to perform the installation ?

Ensure you are using Administrator user to perform the installation

Also share system configuration ? How much RAM and CPU exists on the server ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Do you have required access? Check the access rights that the current user is having.

Check installation guide for more info.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Loy.

Thanks for your kind response, i am installing with administrator user but getting bunch of issues.

Experts please help.

Regards

Mohd