Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring support in HCP

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in my understanding, SAP HCP is based on Eclipse Virgo AS.

From the Virgo home page I can see that:

• Virgo packages Spring, but can easily be configured to use a different version of Spring

Browsing the local file system of the test server I can find no trace of Spring.

Is it shipped somewhere or should we bundle it within our web-apps?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

After some research, it looks like HCP is based on the Virgo Nano Web bundle.

Among its features, there's no Spring framework.

Am I on the right path?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

NikiD
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi  Vincenzo,

Java EE 6 Web Profile runtime is based on Virgo Nano, indeed. As for the Spring you may check this blog

Regards

Nikolai

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolai,

thanks for your reply.

I managed to deploy a working Spring-based application on the Cloud environment, though I had to bundle the whole Spring package with it.

I was trying to understand whether Spring is already shipped with the platform, which I guess is not.

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I managed to deploy a working Spring-based application on the Cloud environment, though I had to bundle the whole Spring package with it.

I was trying to understand whether Spring is already shipped with the platform, which I guess is not.

Indeed, the default programming model in the HCP Java runtime is Java EE 6 Web Profile. But as described here:

You can add additional (pure Java) application programming frameworks or libraries and use them in your applications. For example, you can include Spring Framework in the application (in its application archive) and use it in the application. In such cases, the application should handle all dependencies to such additional frameworks or libraries and you should take care for the whole assembly of such additional frameworks or libraries inside the application itself.

And 's blog above provides a really good step-by-step getting-started guide how to do that.

Cheers,

--Vlado

Answers (0)