Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Integration Kit for Crystal Reports 2008 - How to download and install

former_member709020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

I work for a major company that is using SAP extensively.  My  logon pad is titled SAP Logon 720 if that's any help.  I have experience using Crystal Reports and own CR Developer, Version 12.6.0.1596, Product Type: Full which is installed on my personal work computer.  I want connect to the SAP data sources and create reports for others to use.  I've read several posts on the forums here but a complete understanding still eludes me.

I can't see any SAP items in the CR menu or connections in the Database Expert.  I have a colleague that is using a trial version of CR 2013 and she is able to see all of the SAP menu items and connections.  From what I've read on the forums it appears that I need to download and install the SAP Integration Kit.  I've downloaded SBOP INTEGRATION FOR SAP SOLUTIONS XI 3.1 SP5 WNDOWS and SBOP INTEGRATION FOR SAP SOLUTIONS XI 3.1 SP6 WNDOWS.  I've attempted to install the SP6 version but when I get to the screen that prompts me for my Product ID I enter the ID for my copy of CR 2008 and I get an error that says the ID is either expired or invalid.  Do I have to purchase the Integration kit first or is it a free addon?  Do I need to request a temporary license?

I'm just totally lost on how to go about downloading and installing the integration kit so I can start designing reports.  Any help would sure be appreciated.

Gary Michalske

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Gary,

To install the SAP Integration Kit for BOBJ, it does require a license key, so someone in your organization that manages keys on the SAP Support Portal will need to get you a legit key.  The download for the integration kit is also found on the SAP Support Portal under Complimentary Software.

former_member709020
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming that I do need to obtain a key.  I know just who to go to for this.  Will you please confirm the correct package to download.  My laptop has Windows 7 on it and I have a standalone version of Crystal Reports 2008 SP6 (CR Developer, Version 12.6.0.1596, Product Type: Full). The integration package I think I need is

51045539  - SBOP INTEGRATION FOR SAP SOLUTIONS XI 3.1 SP6 WINDOWS

Is this correct?

Message was edited by: Gary Michalske BTW:  I didn't actually see a link at the support.sap.com titled "Complimentary Software" so I clicked "Download Software>Installations and Upgrades" and then after searching, found the file indicated in the image.

former_member186155
Participant
0 Kudos

That's a winner.  As always, I would suggest you double check the PAR for compatibility with your desktop configuration and the needed SAP components here.

Answers (0)