cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After MRP run, there is no POrg not source pick even with PIR/Source list maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I came across a strange problem on my testing, and exhausted a whole day and yet no solution.

I have setup PIR, and source list properly (including date range).

The problem is after MRP run, there is no purchasing organization value captured in the PR, and off-course, there is no Fix vendor populated in the PR. In another word, no source can be determined.

I am totally out of clue.

Please do not tell me if my PIR and source list have been maintained accurately because those two objects are maintained correctly in the system.

The only problem that I can think of is that this material having a revision value (i.e. like B) in the material master. Please be advised that a material can have more than one revision object tied to it in the material master. Hence, how do I create a PIR with field that have revision that I can key in? as far as I know, standard SAP PIR creation does not have Revision field for the material.

Maybe I am wrong, but if you know, please provide some guidance.

Regards,
Daniel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The MRP run does not determine fixed vendors, the MRP run searches for MRP relevant vendors in the soruce list.

What value do have in field EORD-AUTET ?

is the purchasing organisation entered in the source list?

are there more than one source in the source list?

if yes, do all source have a vaue in EORD-AUTET ?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Please share some screenshots of the source list and from MD05.

BR

Caetano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Another frequent causes of this issue:

1 - Validity: MRP always checks the source list against the requirement date, therefore, make sure that the PIR is within the source list validity.

2 - Some customers are using custom programs to fill the values directly on the table. In this case, some fields may have the wrong value. If this is the case, go to ME01, make a dummy change to the source list and save.

3 - If you are using a scheduling agreement, make sure that the flag "SC Vendor" is not checked. This flag should only be used on a third party scenario and it this is checked on another scenarios, may lead to the source list entry to be disconsidered.

BR

Caetano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check follow two options:

1.Option-1:

Keep maintaining PIR

Create Contract

Keep maintaining source   list and fix the vendor

Go for  MRP run

Check PR in t.code:ME53N

2.Option-2:

Keep maintaining PIR

Create Contract

Keep maintaining source   list and fix the vendor

Create PR wrt Contract in t.code:ME51N ,select check box of source determination.

Check PR in t.code:ME53N

Regards,

Biju K