cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Side Panels and Screen Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is an option "Update NWBC Side Panel" in the options of "Script Button" in screen personas.

Could you please throw some light on how this options works?

Thanks,

Sam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pinging the space and since this is rather a SAP Screen Personas scripting issue then a NWBC one.

PeterSpielvogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here is a post from Tobias Queck about how Personas and NWBC work together.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40891

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter for that.

However, we already have our side Panel in NWBC for a personas screen. We are now looking at how exactly does a side panel communicate with a Personas screen displayed in the NWBC Canvas Area.

Regards,

Sampath.

0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Personas sends the "key/value" pair of any textbox present in the screen to NWBC Side Panel by raising an EPCM event.

(Client-Side Eventing - Portal - SAP Library)

Consider the example below. I want to send 2 key along with the values of those 2 keys (textboxes) to sidepanel. This is how it will look.

As in the script below, I first copy the content of my textbox in my variable (shown in the 1st two Script steps) and as a 3 rd step, i include "Update NWBC Side Panel".

And if you notice the Data Context AppData Viewer on the right, it has received the key-value pairs sent from Personas.

An example when I use Master Data Details Side Panel after the user has entered the Order Number:

Regards,

Sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

If you have further questions, may i recommend you to start a discussion in   community so that other Personas users also benefits.

Best Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's interesting. I had no idea side panel used EPCM. Do you have any other technical details you can share about the implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ton Sushant. This was the pointer i was looking for.

Regards,

Sam.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks - this is exactly what i was looking for!

former_member213535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all...

Could you please explain it more cleary about this......

Thanks and regards,