cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor and proactive to improve SAP system performance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, guys

I have been working as SAP MM support for years. There are problems the system often has slow performances.

sometimes, the slowness was caused by backgroun job long running, but sometimes it was caused by user upload program.

We often see lots of lock entries in system, so we montior SM12, we also use Tidal monitoring tool to detect some important transactions, long time job running and the lock entries, to identify the possible cause and try to fix.

The system has been improved but our users feel the slowness from time to time.

So, I have questions for you!

1. Any tools you used and improved SAP system?

2. Any proactive solution can be made before users complain?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Uddin,

Regarding the item 3, we schedule to run MRP and rescheduling program in background jobs in parallel mode already. As I recall, the number of background jobs in parallel is limited. If we set the number to more, it will impact the system performance too.

Could you please let me know how to use parallel generators for some specific big jobs?

About the item 4, It is appreicated if you could elaborate on details. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

We can define the number of parallel processor which needs to be run during the job.

As per SAP they have set the parallel generators to 50% of the dialog work process.

In every Central instance or application instance the number of dialog process will be 40.

if you are defining the parallel generators to 50% it will be 20 process on apps server.

In your situation, you updated that there are more number of background jobs. So i suggest you to schedule the background job during off peak hours.

About the index.

Check the consistent table with the index list like z01, z02 and etc.

If any indexes is missing or not created, try creating those indexes to improve the performance of a test.

Regards

Mohammed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any body can help?

or if I posted the wrong thread?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason

I'm not sure if we are the correct forum as you seem to be asking for general advice regarding the performance monitoring for the whole SAP system? This forum is for the Spend Performance Management (SPM) application - an add-on to BW. If your end users are using SPM, then I can point you towards some general Performance advice within the SPM Installation and Config Guide. Chapter 5 gives an overview of performance advice to help the SPM application run more smoothly.

If you are after more advice about optimizing your BW system as a whole, then you would be better off asking in the SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse community.

Kind regards

Fiona