cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on how to choose the correct certification for myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have about 5 years of experience in SAP EP 6.0 and 7.01 in administration stuff and some JAVA programming. (No Webdynpro)

I am planning to learn more on Portal and hence decided to go for a suitable certification. Now I am a bit confused between "Technology Associate" and "Development Associate"

Dev Asso: http://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_ep120_701-sap-certified-development-associate---sap-net...

Tech Asso: https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_tep10_701-sap-certified-technology-associate---sap-net...

Should I just decide on the basis of my knowledge in sync with the course content- an easier approach?

Or Shall I go for 7.31 certification -  http://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_ep_731-sap-certified-technology-associate---sap-netweav...

I mean, I want some views on what can be a better approach for this? What can help in career enhancement?

I know, HANA is really trending these days, but having worked for so many years on portal, first I really wish to get a portal certification and then decide on HANA. I would really appreciate if some views on HANA certification can also be put in this discussion- For a fresh start, what HANA certification would be suggested to one? As in, if one do not have any knowledge on BW, BOBJ and ABAP, which basic coure for HANA shall be recommended?

Thank you in advance for all the inputs.

Regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Have you done your certification?

I will be taking up my certification exam in portal soon.... i applied for C_EP_731

Like you, i also have 6 years of experience in portal and webdynpro java, and like you i was also confused if i could take up HANA certification....

but i applied for C_EP_731 as i wanted to give myself a better chance of passing the exam, because of my experience in portals.

Do let me know your experience in certification.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janan,

I switched my mode from Portal to HANA and dropped the plans for certification.

I am learning HANA these days and would plan for the certification on the same, after some time.

Please do share your Portal certification experience.

Thanks,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

ohh ok...

how did u go about the switch from Portal to HANA?

how is the transition?

are u doing self learning or do u work on HANA?

i wish you all the best for your certification.

regards

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have just completed my portal certification successfully(yesterday).

I genuinely felt that having a good hands on experience has really helped me.

And the questions were based on the concepts....i found help.sap.com very helpful but i found myself drifting a bit....

Hows ur preparation for Hana certification going on?

Please do let me know about the transistion from Portal to Hana

Regards,

J

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congrats Janan!!!

Thanks for sharing with the community.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you...

i got to say, your blog about preparing for certification exam really helped me a lot...

Regards,

J

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Janan, glad to know that my blog helped in your Certification preparation.

Best Regards,

Ravi

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go through WWW.openSAP.COM.

here you will find the HANA Introduction & Implementation with Video.

Its really nice & easy to understand .once you complete the video then there would be a test.which will check your knowledge that how you learnt .

Check & revert.

Thanks

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Congrats for your achievement

Rightly mentioned by Kamlesh, you can start from opensap courses and then check hana academy.

I have not yet planned for the certification. Lets see when will I

Regards,

Atul