cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP VC- PLM145/146

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anybody know about SAP - Variant configuration in PLM 145/146 . If so please explain . Thanks.

regds

Ezhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Well, in my opinion these courses covers the basic modelling and the basic processes of the variant configuration. If you already understand all possible processes and Scenarios the variant configuration offers, the you might be right about "a waste of time".

However, when you don't understand all scenarios and processes these courses might give you some fresh ideas, how you should model your own products and processes. In that case the courses wouldn't be "a waste of time".

I have no clue about your knowledge about the variant configuration in SAP, but if all your knowledge is gained from reading in a forum and experiments in your own system, I think it would be wise to give these courses a chance. Why not just try the first course?

0 Kudos

Thank you, that was just the kind of input I needed

I think I will try it 🙂

0 Kudos

These two courses simply get you some insight into variant configuration in SAP. More or less the courses cover the module which is called LO-VC. In addition there would be another configurators like IPC, SCE, SSC and CPQ which are more or less related to variant configuration in sales processes.

0 Kudos

I've been working with VC a while now, do you think I would gain some understanding from these courses?

What i'm running into frequently is my bacis knowlegde is lacking while I try to model something out of the ordinary.

I'm worried that these courses are basic overviews, and not more than I can read here in the forums? If that's the case it would be a waste of time ...

0 Kudos

Did you go?

I'm looking for opions / reviews on these courses aswell, because I'm thinking on going.

But would like to hear from someone what they thought about these couses.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your question is not clear.

What exactly you want to know? Ask that.

PLM145 And PLM146 is SAP certification material. PLM145 is part 1 and PLM146 is part 2.

Part 1 have following topics

1. Introduction to Variant Configuration
  2. Classification Tools
  3. Material Masters, BOMs, and Routings
  4. Configuration Profile
  5. Object Dependencies (With relation to BOM and Routing)
  6. Constraints
  7. Variant Configuration in Pricing
  8. Material Variants
  9. VC – Integration in the Supply Chain
  10. IPC
  11. ECM

Where as Part 2 have following topics (This material cover scenario base topics)

1. Control parameters in the configuration profile in detail
  2. Additional information on constraints, variant tables, variant functions, and characteristic selection
  3. Configuration scenario:
  • planned/production order without and with BOM explosion,
  • sales order (SET processing) and
  • order BOMs

4. Preplanning and Variant Configuration

5. Overview of IPPE

6. Integrations of Variant Configuration

7. Tips on system performance

8. Other tools (API, ALE, user exits, analysis tool, data storage, comparison with IPC)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is PLM 145/146 ...?