Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Error -302 while inserting into database table

former_member186608
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear community,

not sure if my concern is located correctly here, however I would like to have your comments on the following issue I am encountering on a SAP system.

The system is running on a DB6 database.

I have a database table and I want to insert a new tuple there. The work area used in the open SQL insert statement is typed as the database table. Hence from a data type perspective, the runtime environment should take care that all values in the work area correspond accordingly to the schema of the database table.

However, I am receiving a short dump stating the following:

sql error -302   performing INS on table DATABASE_TABLE_NAME               [dbtrtab#3770]

SQL0302N  The value of a host variable in the EXECUTE or OPEN statement is out of range for its corresponding use.  SQLSTATE=22003 row=1 [dbtrtab#3770]

I have investigated in the debugger whether this is a corrupt value or something similar, but was not able to find any suspicious field.

I have no clue how to proceed. Is there any possibility to examine which component of the work area causes the issue?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to a discussion with you all,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marcus_schug1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Marco,

I have the same problem with DEC3_7 I have a function which returns the value of TB_YIELD but the value could be greater than 999.9999999 and if I store to datebase I got the same error.

Have you found a solution?

Regards

MArcus

former_member186608
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ram and Deepak,

thanks for your hints.
I had a look at the documentation and notes you provided and found the following strange issue in the ABAP debugger:

I have a component of a structure typed as the data element PEMKURS. The underlying domain is DEC3_7 which consists of at maximum three digits left of the comma.

However, at runtime my logic stores the value 1000.0000000 into this field. Afterwards while the INSERT statement the database error comes up.

From my perspective, this is a strange behaviour of the runtime environment and should lead to an exception while the value is given to that component.

Any ideas?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Could you check the solution in link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmx/v8r3m0/index.jsp?

topic=%2Fcom.ibm.sysadmin.hlp%2Ftrs20002.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori