cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import files in Content Server using Authoring Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP Content Server 6.40 having Max DB database and hosted on apache server 2.0.52.

We need to import the Scorm files using LSO Authoring Environment in one of the repository of SAP Content Server.

Authoring tool uses webdav protocol to upload files and SAP Content Server is not webdav complaint.

I have found through some scn links that we can use SAP Netweaver Portal as web dav client, so i created the webdav repository in knowledge management of portal and HTTP system for SAP Content Server.

I have given the prefix as /webdav while creating the webdav repositories. However, i am not able to see the repository in KM content folders.

I want to know if we could have missed any steps as i could not find any other or what else can be done to access SAP Content Server repositories via portal?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not want to use Portal KM as CMS, instead we want to access SAP Content Server repository via portal.

SAP Content Server is the CMS for us and it is hosted on apache which is webdav enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

LSO doesn't have support for SAP Content Server. SAP Content Server has a proprietary interface called HTTP Interface, it is not build on top of WebDAV even if the underlying web server (IIS, Apache) supports WebDAV. There is no standard SAP solution for your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you, however i have found contradictory information that we can enable webdav on Max DB database as per below links. Our SAP Content Server is using Max DB database.

http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/htmhelp/be/78fabed3bb4b6abe992ebed3cc6434/content.htm

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_8/bb/b71170c286429da51c346bbb4e9d2e/content.htm

Please help me clarifying these two contradictory solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

True, you could install and configure the MaxDB WebDAV Servlet to enable WebDAV access to your MaxDB. Installing & configuring the MaxDB WebDAV Servlet can be technically challenging not to mention that a supported J2EE server is required for the servlet. SAP provides only example configurations and guidelines. Even if you choose that path, you will have to verify compatibility with the WebDAV implementation of LSO. SAP only lists KM and IIS as supported CMS platforms with the clause that others might work. I guess it goes without saying that if you choose to implement the MaxDB WebDAV Servlet, it will be a MaxDB specific feature, it has nothing to do with SAP Content Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaski for your reply.

We had raised OSS message to confirm about same with SAP. I will post the updates as soon we receive reply from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Did you receive a response from SAP?

Best Regards

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

SAP recommended solution same as given by samuli Kaski.

LSO doesn't have support for SAP Content Server. SAP Content Server has a proprietary interface called HTTP Interface, it is not build on top of WebDAV even if the underlying web server (IIS, Apache) supports WebDAV. There is no standard SAP solution for your requirement.

So we used SAP portal finally only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Portal KM can be used as CMS for LSO. If it is, it is a WebDAV server. No need to configure WebDAV repositories, simply do the basic WebDAV configuration in KM.

Noel_Hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not aware you can configure the portal as a webdav client. However you can enable webdav on the portal to access KM documents via a webdav client. But you are talking about the other way around, right?