cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear by same main & sub between line items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a clearing requirement that (Only clear between certain debit and credit main and sub transaction). When we are posting the documents in FSCD we have 2 line items in each document with different main and sub transaction codes.

Debit Main/Sub = Bill/CAP1

Credit Main/Sub= Bill/CROA

Document posting example:

• Document 1 ------ line item 1-----------Main =BILL----Sub =CAP1------ 100$
  • Document 1 ------ line item 2 -----------Main =SYSP-------Sub-----SP11-------- (100$)

• Document 2 ------ line item 1-----------Main =PAYM----Sub =SP01------ 100$
  • Document 2 ------ line item 2 -----------Main =BILL-------Sub-----CROA-------- (100$)

Detail Requirement:

The requirnment is to clear the "line item 1" of document 1 with "line item 2" of document 2 (see document example above).

Issue: The issue i am having is that when i am running the FPMA mass clearing job the clearing program is clearing the line item of same document (document 1 and line item 1 and 2 are clearing each other). I am attaching my clearing configuration can any one please guide me what i am missing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try a clearing variant with only one step and only the check you want -so just a check against the sub transaction.

Also check the line items to make sure they do not have a clearing lock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is to clear by contract and sub if i take out the contract and only keep the sub it will clear cross contract. I have tried by taking out the other steps but clearing program is still not clearing only the sub transactions which i have configured.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The objective would be to eliminate the possible sources of your error.  You should create/assign a new variant with only one step with just the desired settings.  Your pictures indicate this is the third step - which likely means that the clearing is taking place in the earlier steps.  Once you can execute the clearing on its own, then assign it within the variant.