cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon failed.Error in File .rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reports are working in local environment but when we deploy it server the following exception is thrown.

Exception details:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Logon failed.Error in File {}.rpt:
Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8004100f): Logon failed.

Error in File .rpt:

Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.DatabaseControllerClass.SetTableLocation(ISCRTable CurTable, ISCRTable NewTable) +0

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Table.set_Location(String value) +735

System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +102

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +186

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2098

Local Environment:

Windows 7 64bit machine

vs2012 crystal reports (64 bit)

crystal report version for .NET environment - 13.0.5.891

.NET 4.5

Server:

windows server 2008 r2 64 bit

crystal report runtime - 13.0.5.891

.Net 4.5

ISSUE:

I have created reports earlier and deployed in server and it was working fine. Only the recent reports throw the logon error. Its related to environment because when I create report from some other machine and deploy, it works fine. Is there a way I can determine whats the issue ? Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm surpised the error does not include the report name.  I don't think I've ever seen that.  It looks like the report is being called from a Visual Studio application.

What database are you using?  Are you connecting via ODBC or native driver?

If you take this report to another machine that has Crystal Reports on it and open it, does the report run in Crystal?  Do you get errors?  If you save the report on this second machine and deploy it to your application, does it run?

The error indicates the report is having a problem logging onto the database.  If you've checked all the regular things; account, password, etc. then we should look closer at how the report is connecting to the database.

Does a new report work?  Simple, 1 table?

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for getting back regarding the issue.

- the error does include report name. I didnt post because I thought it is irrelevant.

- I'm using oracle server connection.

-The report works fine in all the local machines properly but when I deploy it to server this exception is    thrown.

- Yes the report runs in crystal on other machines and mine too.

- I have developed reports earlier and have deployed it and haven't received any of these errors.

- I developed a report from another machine and deployed it to server, it works fine. That's when I  concluded something was wrong with my local environment.

- I did try with a single report attached to a single aspx page, doesn't work on server but works locally on all machines.

- And exception is thrown even if I deploy it from some other machine to the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I re installed crystal reports .. still din work

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved this discussion to the

SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio

Topic Space.

Since this works on your development computer and not after you deploy, it is not a CR issue as such. Rather, it is the Oracle configuration / client / etc. Compare the Oracle install between the two installs.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 Kudos

Check the report, open it up in Cr Designer and then click the Database and Set Location menu option.

Expand the connection info and look at the connection type, make sure it's a support client and the same as the one your reports use. If not do a set location and use the same connection you use and then Verify Database and preview to make sure it works, Then move over to your app server and test again.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Don,

Thank you, what do you mean by 'to make sure if its a support client' Can you guide how to verify that ?

0 Kudos

Easiest way is to tell me what DB and Client driver dll you are using and versions.

Don

Answers (0)