cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate a joint venture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My config seems correct, but in GJVV, I don't see the check box which shows if a venture is active. This is in my sandbox, but all the SAP instances at my client have this check box. What could be missing?

My client

As you can see the status box isn't there. Due to this, I am unable to activate A JV.

Anyone has any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check activation of JVA :

SAP Customising Implementation Guide -> Joint Venture Accounting -> Activate JVA in client (tansaction GJAC)

Company code activation :

SAP Customising Implementation Guide -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) ->Global Parameters for Company Code -> Enter Global Parameters (OBY6)

If still a problem, check also in table TRWCA where comp = "JVA" : if you have two entries and the first one is not active, then, it is considered as not activated. Return then to OBY6 to check activation.

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

I had activated JVA in GJAC and in OBY6 JVA is active. I had two entries in TRWCA and as per your suggestion in another thread, I had remove the first one. Now, I only see JVA 2999 X in table TRWCA.

I was getting an error about billing format not being correct, I just hit enter again and I was able to save. I went to the History tab and it shows active. I still don't have a checkbox on the main screen, but I was able to make a posting.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

if you don't mind me asking, can I have your email Id? there aren't too many people In JVA and I would like to network.

Answers (0)