cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues starting BW on HANA instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I'm trying to start my CAL BW on HANA instance.  From the BI 4 server, I launch SAPmmc.  I start BWH per instructions and I see that both imdbhdb 1 and 2 turn green. After a few moments though, imdbhdb1 turns yellow.

When I try to logon to BW, I get "partner <...> not reached" / connection refused.

I've tried suspending and then activating again the instance, but that has not resolved the issue. Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks

Update: I have terminated the instance and created a new one, and have the same problem again. When starting BWH, I am entering the Linux OS credentials  bwhadm / Admin1234. It gives me an error with "invalid credentials" maybe three times before it accepts them. Then It starts, but only momentarily.  This also happened the first time...

Update 2: Could I be using the wrong credentials? I noticed that initially the box with user name / password comes up with user as "SBOP4\DEMO".  When I change the user to just "bdhadm" I cannot log in. If I use "SBOP4\bdhadm", then I am able to start it partially.  The instructions say to use the Linux OS user and password.  Can someone confirm what credentials exactly I should use?  Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question to anybody who has successfully started a CAL BW on HANA instance: what user ID and password exactly have you used to do it?  Thanks

ventsislav_ivanov2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You should use SBOP4\Demo user. This is explained in the user guide (page 6):

http://www.saphana.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3954-10-11944/BW%20on%20HANA%20Trial-System_Over...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ventsislav,

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried that.  I get prompted twice for user and password, and enter SBOP\Demo for user, and Welcome! for password.  After I enter it the second time (presumably once for each instance), I get this error:

Start failed: 2

Invalid Credentials

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

using bwhadm account, I can start the instances, but then after a few seconds, one of them stops:

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Italo,

when did you generate the instances ?

This looks like you are still using the BW 7.3 system.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was on January 25th, approximately. I have since recreated the instance, probably a few days after that. Should I recreate it again or something?

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Italo,

I would suggest you remove the current instance (remember to save any content you wanna keep) and go to the SAP HANA Marketplace page to receive the update version which uses BW 7.4 on HANA SP07 and BI4.1

http://www.saphana.com/bwonhanatrial

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will do that.

Italo