cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document tracking in OER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am sending  an outbound delivery document(odlv)  as part of packing  aggregation epcis event  &  document tracking config is done. I am using the standard config already present for  document tracking event PACK . I see PACK as an unexpected event in standard PTA10_DELIV.

As per my undestanding  the event msg will  be posted against both PTA10_ID as well as PTA10_DELIV in OER.

Delivery document will create an event handler in PTA10_DELIV  EH extension table & ID EH will be created in PTA10_ID.

For me  PTA10_ID is triggered but PTA10_DELIV is not triggering at all. Let me know is there any other config missing.

Thanks

Tusar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

yes, you are right. Expectation would be that if EPCIS Aggregation with Outbound Delivery as Business Transaction Document is processed, aggregation event is send of ID EH and Pack Event is sent for Delivery EH (and EHs will be created if not already existing).

Are you sure that you have all settings maintained described in the configuration guide for this scenario?

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks.

I am sending an aggregation event ( PACK) with  delivery doc ( DOCUMENT_NO) from AII Test Tool with below Biz tarnsactionList section in the event msg.

I am passing business step -Packing which is mapped to internal event code PACK

<bizTransactionList>

<bizTransaction type="urn:sap:oer:btt:odlv">urn:sap:oer:bti:odlv:0037000.0080016839</bizTransaction>

</bizTransactionList>

I am getting below error at OER proxy end (sxmb_moni). 

Error during proxy processing An exception with the type /SAPTRX/CX_VALIDATION_EX1 occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause Application Error

Any reason for this kind error. what is missing from config prospective?

I did not do any changes to existing  standard config for PACK internal event code. Only config change done from my side was  adding external document to internal doc mapping . I have used external type odlv--> internal type odlv

Any other changes needs to be done. Could you please share the config doc for this scenario?

Regards

Tusar

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

this error normally occurs if one of the formats that are validated against the customizing settings of AII is not correct. Does this error also occur if you send the same message without the business transaction?

If yes, you can at least be sure that somehow some setting is missing for the BTD. Then you should check the customizing settins in AII, SPRO -> Auto-ID Infrastructure -> Settings for SAP Object Event Repository -> ID Settings and -> Data Profile Settings and -> Master Data.

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

This error occurs only when I send  business transaction ( DOCUMENT_NO) . I checked all the master data settings for BTD in OER . Looks ok to me. I see urn:sap:oer:btt:odlv  is there in  Display external & internal formats of epcis vocabulary.   ODLV is present in Business Transaction type vocabulary.Any thing else missing?

Regards

Tusar

Daniel Haerder wrote:

Hi Tusar,

this error normally occurs if one of the formats that are validated against the customizing settings of AII is not correct. Does this error also occur if you send the same message without the business transaction?

If yes, you can at least be sure that somehow some setting is missing for the BTD. Then you should check the customizing settins in AII, SPRO -> Auto-ID Infrastructure -> Settings for SAP Object Event Repository -> ID Settings and -> Data Profile Settings and -> Master Data.

Cheers, Daniel

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

the exception should have a reason text. Can you check which reason text is used?

Maybe you can set a breakpoint in method ID_MAPPING_FOR_BIZ_TRANS of class /SAPTRX/CL_EM_UTILITY and check if the exception is raised inside this method.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel ,

we found during debug the Assign profile to mapping area for PTA10_DELV was missing.  so now the issue is resolved.

Thnaks

One more quick question

I want to  add additional  tracking id to EH1 & EH2 which use default tracking ID as EPC ID.

I want to set  common tracking id to  both EH1 & EH2 SAY  Delivery Number.  I want to post an  EPCIS OBJECT event msg to EH1  with delivery number as epc extension parameter but want change the tracking id to delivery number at runtime sothat msg will posted against both EH1 & EH2.

Any suggestions  will help.

Thanks again.

Tusar

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

I do not think, that this is possible by only using stadnard rule set activities. You will need an activity to add the additional tracking ID (delivery number is already available as control parameter). And if I understand you correctly, you want to "change" the tracking ID of the event message, that it gets reported to all EHs, that are connected to the delivery?

For this you could maybe use a preprocessing function (-> SPRO -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Define Criteria for Event Message Processing -> Preprocessing Functions). But changes like these should be done very carefully!

Best regards, Daniel