SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitments/Budgets Carried Forward to next year

prasad_satam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In funds management at the time of year end we carry forward Open Shopping Carts, Open Commitment Items, PO and budget to the next/following year.

If I close the forwarded SC in new year then the released budget is getting added back in my current year for any balance amt. left in SC/PO.

My client has query on functionally. As per him Its a last year budget which we have carried forward so it should not get added in current year budget.

Now If I run FMAVCR01 report I can see the X mark for carry forward POs and systems removes the same once GRN has been done. If I do Partical GRN and close the PO and SC budget is getting add to current year budget for that commitment item.

My query is how can I differentiate the budget for last year and current year and also the budget got released after closer of SC /PO should also reflect separately.

Can you guys suggest any filed/ table to fetch the data which can help me to differentiate the last years and current years data in report.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Prasad

5 REPLIES 5

prasad_satam
Participant
0 Kudos

One more .. we also have customized report for Funds Management where user can see the entire data for SC/PO/GRN and Invoice Booking entry via drill down.

User basically use the report to see the budget status. If we can do something to differentiate last years budget from current year that will be a great help.

Please help.

Regards,

Prasad 

0 Kudos

Hi,

The budget which was carried-forward will certainly have different 'process' (FMBL-PROCESS) and different original application (FMBH-TECHORG). Those fields will be always available, even if you don't use specific document type for carried-over budget, which is always recommended.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanx for your reply.

I have checked the table FMBH and both the fields where I can see the Carryover Data.

If I close the SC/PO (Carried-forward from last year) then the released budget should not get add to my Current Years budget but to be reflect separately or even if it is getting add to Current Years budget there should be some indicator to identify that is is originated from last years budget. 

Is it possible to do so in customized report.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hello,

As I said, carried-forward budget (from previous years) could be easily distinguished by either 'process' or 'document type' if you set it up in customization of carry-forward activities. Report painter which is using standard library '4FM' contains all this information.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If you have got any solutions for this please share with me. I am also facing the same kind of scenario.

Please do reply in my thread.

Thanks

Ranjan