cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Null Tags in SAP BPM?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BPM process model, wherein there are Intermediate Message Events in place which will get triggered from PI.

The PI sends Null Tags when there is no mandatory value to be passed and the BPM is unable to handle it despite the multiplicity of the data object in BPM Context is set to 0..1 .

I have also tried keeping null checks in BPM using nilled keyword , but it always throws a Null Pointer Exception at that process context attribute.

Please share your views on this.

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

The scenario is there is an Intermediate Message Event put in place in the bpm model which will be triggered from PI. There are nearly 10 values which will get passed from PI while triggering that Event, out of which three are mandatory and others optional.

It might happen that along with these three mandatory values, the PI may or may not pass the other seven.It works fine if it passes values for optional parameters, but if any value is not passed,the PI sends Null Tags due to which the process fails giving Null Pointer Exception at that particular BPM attribute.

Please suggest where to put the EJB function which can do that null check in BPM.

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I also tried handling it via an EJB function, but in case of Null Tags, that EJB Function was never getting called from BPM throwing Null Pointer Exception before calling it.

Hi Jun Wu,

Please suggest the usage of EJB function in this case, as you said you were able to resolve it.

Thanks,

Arun

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you detail your scenario?

what you want to do? what's the input? what output you want?

0 Kudos

Hi Manish and Jun Wu,

Thanks for your inputs, but isSet() method is used to provide checks on the list parameter in BPM as stated in the SAP Documentation, it didn't work in this case.

Generic Functions - SAP Documentation

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh i was thinking you are mentioning document but yes in those casses you need to handle that thru ejb though either options suited as given in this note 1476619 .

Thanks

Manish

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Last time when i met that issue, i just turn to EJB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree handling with EJB is best but isSet() function can also check nullpointer, nilled is for initialization check.

Thanks

Manish

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at that time, those were not working, if yes, why i bother to use ejb.