cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Web Client Black Screen on Citrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have problem with our BPC Web client in IE 8 using Citrix. We have 5 users of citrix and bpc.

- 3 of 5 users face intermittent blank screen after successfully login into BPC.

- 2 users don't face this issue, BPC homepage appear and normal.

- These 5 users have same authorization in BW,BPC, and Citrix.

This is not authorization issue since /POA/* roles have been given and we have SAP_ALL profiles.

Step that we have done : 

1. Ensure roles and profiles are generated in backend

2. Reinstall Citrix Receiver --> one time after reinstalling citrix receiver, 3 users that face blank screen can have normal home page. But after one day, the issue come again.

Has anyone face this issue before? I think this is flash player issue, but since we (all 5 users) are using same IE on the citrix it should not be the problem.

Thank you,

Ridwansyah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since we don't have any access and authorization in Citrix Server so we can't do update neither installing latest ActiveX and Flash Player plugin.

After couple of weeks troubleshooting, we've just have the answer.

In XenApp 6.5  there's a feature named HDX MediaStream Flash Redirection. If enabled, it will redirect flash content using user device.

More info : Configuring HDX MediaStream Flash Redirection on the User Device - Citrix eDocsl

Since this configuration only can be done in Server side, we can't do anything. Since this is happening in client configuration so I'm sure this client side problem.

We try to check in our Registry Editor, for the HdxMediaSreamForFlash.

Exact location is in >>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Citrix>HdxMediaStreamForFlash>Client>PseudoContainer

There're 2 values :

- ShowPromptDialogV2 -> Will prompt dialog box when Flash redirection is enabled in server side to ask whether we want to server flash or client flash content.

- UserEnabledFlashV2 -> To disable flash content by client configuration

We try to change for both values to 0, which means we disabled Flash redirection on our device. And luckily the BPC homepage is no longer blackout. This is solved for other 3 laptop in our case.

Hope it will useful for others.

Regards,

Ridwansyah

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And about IE: just ensure you have the latest 12.0.0.38 Adobe ActiveX for IE. Right click on any Flash object and check the version. 12.0.0.38 version shows OK results with BPC.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Sure we will check for the latest ActiveX Flash for IE. Will updating since we need time to install it on Citrix side.

Regards,

Ridwansyah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ridwansyah,

Try to install both Flashplayer ActiveX & Plugin (Version 10 or above). I had the same issue, but when I installed Flashplayer plugin, this issue is solved. Also, enable Flash ('Optimize content' from Citrix) if there is an option for this under 'Preferences'.

Also, this issue commonly happens when the /POA/ roles - /POA/BUI_FLEX_CLIENT & /POA/BUI_UM_USER were missing from backend profile. But you mentioned that it is already there. Then this should be flash player issue.

Also, clear the cookies and cache of both your normal browser and citrix browser.

Please let me know in case you need further information.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to install flash plugin and configure Flash Optimize Content in Citrix,

Will let you know the result.

Thanks,
Ridwansyah

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ridwansyah,

Try to use FireFox instead of IE (different Flash plugin).

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the suggestion. But we don't have authorization to access Firefox in Citrix. We just can using published apps browser which is IE.

Regards,

Ridwansyah

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bad luck... For me it looks like Adobe Flash is working more stable as FireFox plugin than IE ActiveX!