cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with BusinessObjects Integration Kit 3.1 on SLES11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed BOE Enterprise 3.1 SP5, SBOP Explorer SP4 and BusinessObjects Integration Kit for SAP Solutions on SLES11(x86_64).

I have so far installed all these on same SLES11 host with Oracle 11g DB running on another host, connected with Oracle 32bit Client.

I have installed Integration Kit 3.1 SP5 for Linux(32bit) and used SAP JCo 2.1.10 for Linux (x86_64) 64 bit.

I have placed SAP JCo files in:

librfccm.so and libsapjcorfc.so correctly in <installation>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86.

sapjco.jar is placed in <installation>/bobje/tomcat/shared/lib

I have created the environment variables

CLASSPATH=<installation>/bobje/tomcat/shared/lib/sapjco.jar

LD_LIBRARY_PATH<installation>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86

JAVA_HOME=<installation>/bobje/enterprise120/jdk/jre6/

I have restarted the tomcat server (running on same SLES11 host) and BO servers.

Problem: I am still not able to see the SAP field under Authentication menu in CMC.

I went through another discussion http://scn.sap.com/thread/1956926 where the discussion owner had similar issue and he finally concluded that BOE3.1 and BO Integration Kit 3.1 cannot be installed on SLES11.

I need to know this for sure if this kind of installation is achievable or not? And if there is any note for this?

Regards,

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the help of SAP Engineers, we figured out that few C++ libraries were missing, so our linux engineers installed those.

Then we restarted the BO and Tomcat servers and voila !! able to see SAP in authentication menu.

So far SLES 11 seems okay.

Answers (0)