cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Search in IC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have implemented enterprise search for WEB Ui Business Roles .

How do we extend the enterprise search to IC ? currently we have performance issues while searching Accounts from the account identification screen.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashik_k2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to Model your objects for enterprise search according to your needs if it is not delivered in the standard.

There is an attachment with details in this Note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1567107

This help link also contains some information

SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search 7.3 – SAP Help Portal Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI , Thanks for links, Yes we have already done that and its working for WEB UI Roles, how do i extend the enterprise search to IC.

Thanks

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Sweta.

Could you please clarify what's stopping you from using the same approach for IC business roles as you've done for non-ic roles? You can easily add saved search and object search functionality for IC roles just adding SAVEDSEARCH_LAUNCHER (if I remember correctly) component under headers components in their layout profiles. Just compare layout profiles for IC and non-IC roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

Thank you for the response.

1) Currently we have Enterprise search in IC as below...

2) When we search for say Jean , it gives result, but it navigates to a screen where in , we cant confirm the account.

3)

Not sure why system doesnt allow to confirm the account after navigating into the detailed view...

Do we have a way to integrate Enterprise search directly to account identification view.

Many Thanks in Advance ..

Regards

Sweta.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Sweta.

I think it's because the standard identification procedure (searches on your last screenshot) isn't integrated with Enterprise search. And confirmation from detailed view is not in standard delivery either.

Just two ideas:

Have you tried to navigate from detailed screen to Identification screen (Account Identification in the navigation bar)? Probably the customer will be populated there.

Another idea is to bring Confirm button on detailed view of an account through custom development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

No it doesn't populate the values to IC Account identification view.

I am not sure how can we utilize  Enterprise search in IC with out a custom development, as there is no data movement from the enterprise search to account identification.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want it exactly in account identification I think the custom development is only the way.

Or as I suggested you should bring Confirm button to Account Details screen. Also a custom development. But with less effort.

Also you can try to raise OSS note. Probably SAP will provide anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sweta,

got any solution for your requirement?

We have a similar one.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hannes,

We went for custom development to populate data from ES result view onto Account identification view.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

You might have found the solution to your problem by now, if not try this.

Use report ESH_TEST_SEARCH to create a custom function module. The report has all connectors and associated attributes available that you need to map field available on Account Identification Screen.

It also provides fuzzy search option.

Regards,

Anoop

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.