cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Export - No Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some users having trouble exporting to excel from Web Intelligence. I am thinking the issue is because of local settings, but thought I'd pose the question here to see if anyone has experienced similar issues.

When the user exports to excel, the excel file "downloads" but when opened, contains no data. The Webi report itself, however, contains the data. We thought this was an IE setting, and went ahead and changed the prompt setting within IE. However, it still was unable to pull data within IE. One user informed me that about ~30% of the time, she can export to excel WITH data using Google Chrome. I experiences zero issues exporting to excel (but also using IE 9 instead of 😎

We also recently migrated from XI R2.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any suggestions would be beneficial.

BO 4.1 SP1

IE 8

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have somewhat resolved this issue - at least we have found a workaround. I'm not sure why its happening, but if the User immediately cancels out of the prompt that pulls up when the report opens, then goes back into it using the "Advanced" button on the User Prompt Input panel - the report runs and the user can download to excel with the data as expected.

It appears as though if you do not cancel out of the initial prompt, when going to export to excel after refreshing, it still "thinks" the data was never refreshed. This sounds like a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem ,I have two links to search page .when i am in one link ,I can export the results sucessfully.  then ,i go back to click another link ,no results. so  please help me to solve this problem,thank you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

There are many problems reported to BI4.1 SP1 in exporting data to excel or other formats.

For more details, please refer to those KBAs:

2009899 - In BI 4.1, webi report exports to excel can have free
standing cells missing from the exce...

1972826 - "Excel found unreadable content in the exported XLSX
output and requested to recover the c...

2030041 - In BI 4.1, when exporting a Web Intelligence report to
Excel format, all cells in the repo...

2059068 - Saving/exporting a Webi document to PDF format loses some
rows of data in BI4.1.

Those issues are corrected in BI4.1 SP4.

As workarounds, I can propose that:

1-  In place of exporting your webi report to excel from Launchpad, install the addin "Live Office" in excel and import your webi report from Excel.

2- Test exporting to excel from Webi Rich Client

Best regards,

Wafa Ben Nacef

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it occurring for all reports or some reports? Is the report having large no of records ? If yes, check this KBA:

1911303 - The report title is only exported to Excel file when Web Intelligence document has a large...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to have a user attempt a previously scheduled report, but right now I only know that it is occurring on a "refresh on demand" report with prompts. This is not a very large amount of data - and as I said in my original post, I have no issues using the same report.

former_member217675
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing additional information but it's not useful if we cannot get to the information. Not voicing frustration with you, just the way the SAP information is in accessible.

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

Try one thing,

Export the webi report to excel, store it as per your use in the system.Don't open it directly.

Now open the MS Excel and navigate to the exported excel file by using File>>Open>>.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This resulted in the same thing - No Data.... I should clarify that when I say "No Data" it actually pulls in the header and the table, just the data itself doesnt get downloaded. It is like it gets purged before downloading.

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried exporting to any other format csv,pdf there also you are getting the same issue?

Regards,

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same thing happens in other formats. What we have found out now is that it is some kind of security setting within Business Objects - or so I think.

I created an alias for the user and experienced the problem on my machine, but the problem doesnt exist when I log in with my creds (administrator). However, the user WAS able to export to excel WITH data if she did it to an already scheduled report. The report the user is experiencing problems with is a "Refresh On Demand" report with user prompt input.

So since the user CAN export with data to excel on a previously scheduled report within the same folder, I am at a loss as to why the user CANNOT export with data when running an On Demand report with prompts.